Greetings from Sunny Sussex by the Sea

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by baz, Dec 2, 2013.

1. baz

baz Mu-43 Regular

Nov 18, 2013
    Hi,

My name is Kevin and I live in a sleepy village in Sussex, UK. I have always had an interest in photography since my teenage years in the 70/80's. Having swopped my heavy gear for a more 'pocketable' travel camera a few years back my interest has been rekindled since buying my daughter a lumix G3 for her 15th birthday two months ago. In fact I was so impressed with the output of this little beauty that I haven't been able to put it down since :eek: Feeling somewhat mean as it was a present for her afterall I have now bought a couple of prime lenses and ordered a G5 for myself :biggrin:

I look forward to contributing in some small way in the future once I have got a better handle on things. Thank you everyone for a being such a friendly community.

Kevin.

2. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    Welcome Kevin. The G5 is a great camera. If you haven't already, I suggest you start shooting raw and getting up-to-speed with one of the excellent raw processors out there (LightRoom, Capture One, DxO etc). You'll get a definite improvement in IQ over in-camera JPEGs.

3. baz

baz Mu-43 Regular

Nov 18, 2013
    Hi Paul,

Thank you for the warm welcome. I have indeed been shooting raw on the G3 and then processing in Photomatix before saving as a 16 bit tiff and then doing final adjustments in Photoshop CS2. Not sure if this is the best way forward, I have opened a few snaps in LR but did not find the program as user friendly to be honest. Will definitely explore the other two options you mentioned, thanks for the thumbs up.

Kevin.

4. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Keven, welcome from Detroit by the river.

:biggrin:

Regards,

Jim

5. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome aboard! I hope you share those lenses with your daughter. :biggrin: