Greetings from Sunny Charlotte!

Stephen Geis

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Purchased a GF1 with 20mm 1.7 kit on January 2nd. Haven't been able to put it down since then.

In addition to the 1,7, using legacy Nikon glass (1.4 50 mm, 2.8 55mm micro, 2.0 85 mm, 1.8 105mm and a Novoflex adapter) and just picked up the Panasonic 45-200mm.

Wondering what I ever did without this system ...

Stephen Geis

Mu-43 Top Veteran
The only downside of the m43 system is I thought I would be able to get a smaller bag that the Domke F-3x that I've used for the last 15 years. With the plethera of lens choices I haven't been able to downsize ...!

Although the one workhorse lens that I must have is the 20mm 1.7

The Voightlander 50mm/1.1 and the Tokina 10-17mm/2.8 are on my wish list - anyone here have any experience with these combos?

Bokeh Diem

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Really great to see you here and posting pictures already Stephen. The 45-200 has some weight to it but she's a gud 'un.

Bokeh Diem

bilzmale

Mu-43 All-Pro
Hello and welcome Stephen - I downsized from an E-3 and 5 lens but now have 2 bodies and 4 lenses so I understand about the bag. Unfortunately Gear Acquisition Syndrome (GAS) transfers over as well.

Iconindustries

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Hey Welcome man. Well done with taking the leap and purchasing the awesome micro 4thirds stuff. I bought my GF1 without even realising it was some kind of 'special system'. My reason for buying it was purely because of what it looked like, but now I agree the output is more than just a pretty face. And the 20mm, wow- it blows the socks of my previous p&s cameras!

icon

Chuck Pike

Mu-43 Veteran
welcome and I too am in Charlotte. Lots has gone on this week here. NASCAR Hall of Fame, NRA meeting with 70,000 expected. If you can, go uptown this weekend there will be lots going on. I try to go uptown once a week during the week (retired) and take lots of pictures around Trade and Tryon. Take a look at my web page, it doesn't have items for sale to the general public, but to magazine and book publishers. I have gone from the Nikon D200 to the GF1 and love this new camera.

Stephen Geis

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Thanks for the continuing warm welcomes - this is a great community.

Bokeh Diem - I'm excited to explore the 45-200 will be posting photos with this lens soon

Bill - Love the GAS acronym! Will use it in the future (with full attribution to you)

Icon - I heard quite a bit about the m43 system, and when the marketing campaign for the GF1 heated up, decided to take the plunge after reading several favcorable reviews. Craig Mod's field tests was probably what convinced me that this was the right camera

Chuck - good to see another Charlottean on this board - checked out some of your photos - very nice. I work Uptown and brought my gear in today. May end up walking around at lunchtime to capture the assembled throngs. Would love to trade notes - and perhaps shoot together sometime. Shoot me message and we'll connect

Latest threads

Top Bottom