1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Greetings from sunny, but slightly chilly Toronto

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by MaddeningEye, Apr 27, 2012.

1. MaddeningEye

MaddeningEye New to Mu-43

Hello all!

Long time lurker, but hopefully soon to be a useful member. Just got into :43: cameras in the last 6 months or so. Lots to learn, but having a lot of fun with it already. Although having owned a Nikon F2 and various point and shoots, I'm definitely a photo newbie. Hoping to learn a lot from you folks and sharing pics.

Current camera line up: GF1, 14mm, 20mm, 14-45mm

Russ

2. everythingsablur

everythingsablur Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 4, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    Welcome fellow Torontonian! There seem to be quite a good number of us on here. Hope to see some familiar sites (and many unfamiliar ones) from someone else's perspective!

3. Muntz

Muntz Mu-43 Regular

Apr 23, 2010
    Canada
    Welcome to mu-43!

There do seem to be a disproportionate amount of us Torontonians here. I wonder why that is. I hardly ever see anyone else with a m43 camera when I'm out and about.

I'm looking forward to seeing some of your photos!

Joe

4. daimos

daimos Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 23, 2010
    Ottawa,Ontario,Canada
    richard
    coz it can fit in a jacket pocket.

5. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran

To the contrary, I think that we have a pretty good representation when you consider how far and how wide this site is in popularity. There only two good sites, this one and this one Olympus UK E-System User Group

I will be in London England next month and on May 11th there are 12 or more Oly users collecting on the South bank of the Thames for an outing.....followed by a pub visit!! I have met one and all the rest will be first time!!

6. MaddeningEye

MaddeningEye New to Mu-43

Thanks for the welcome! Will definitely post some pics of our fair city pretty soon (have some pics from a recent trip to the ROM actually). Have not seen a lot of m43's around town either, but suspect daimos is right. They do fit nicely in ones pocket.

Russ

7. drewbot

drewbot Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 21, 2011
    Toronto, ON
    Yes, fellow Torontonians.

8. daimos

daimos Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 23, 2010
    Ottawa,Ontario,Canada
    richard
    less hockey, more photography. :biggrin:

9. everythingsablur

everythingsablur Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 4, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    Maybe we should have a Toronto get together a photo walk over the summer...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.