1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Greetings from Springfield, Illinois!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by GBarrington, Apr 7, 2014.

1. GBarrington

GBarrington Mu-43 Veteran

I'm Glen Barrington, I just upgraded my Olympus E30 to an E-M10, and couldn't be more pleased with the purchase. I didn't buy from one of the big online retailers. I figured since these cameras seem to be selling for list price everywhere, I might as well buy locally. We've just had a small regional chain headquartered out of St. Louis, Mo. open a shop here in Spfld (30 years after the last shop closed) and I wanted to encourage them to stick around!

I'm a retired Teradata DBA, and now have a lot of time to devote to photography. My software of choice is ACDSee Pro 7 for most everything with an occasional assist from PSP X6. Both have always done a pretty good job at supporting orf files, though I think both will have to eventually add or license camera/lens profile technology to stay competitive.

I have recently started a non-commercial blog on Google: http://glenbarrington.blogspot.com/

Look in on it, if you are so inclined. It isn't an m4/3s blog so much as I envision it as an Editing and Post Processing blog with an m4/3s perspective.