1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Greetings from southern Indiana

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by bcphoto, Aug 12, 2012.

1. bcphoto

bcphoto Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 25, 2012
    Indiana
    Bruce Conner
    I've visited the m4/3 group many times but couldn't join because I shot with a Canon 1DsmkII and a Hasselblad V System with Phase One P25+. But now I've made the plunge into m4/3 with the purchase of a Panasonic GX1 w/evf and Kit 14-42mm lens.

A few years ago I retired from a 30 year career in advertising photography and now at the age of 64 yrs., I find the Canon to be a brick around my neck. It is a real pleasure to carry the GX1 and obtain similar results. The Hasselblad will always be my "go to" creative camera when I want quality and where I have the time to be deliberate with my shooting. The GX1 is fast and light and the kit lens is really good.

My real love of the GX1 though is in using legacy glass. I have Nikon, M42, Olympus Pen FT and Canon FD adapters. After testing I've found the Oly Pen FT lenses to be really sharp and small to boot. My late model Jupiter 9 is both soft and sharp depending on the f stop. And my recent purchase of a Canon 55mm F1.2 FL has proven to have been a wise one -- the lens is soft at 1.2 and 1.4 but sharpens at f2 and becomes really sharp at f4 and up.

The Oly Pen FT lenses look like they're made for the camera.

I wish the camera had in-body stabilization because there is more camera shake with a light camera. The Canon is so heavy that shake was never a problem.

Soon I hope to post some shots but where? A GX1 thread or a legacy glass thread?

Anyway, thanks for accepting me in this interesting group.

Bruce Conner

2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome! Many folks on the forum use more than one type of camera so you will fit right in. You chose a great camera but highlighted the reason I've stayed with Olympus bodies - the IBIS really helps with a small light camera. Lookibg forward to seeing some of your photos. :smile:

3. bcphoto

bcphoto Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 25, 2012
    Indiana
    Bruce Conner
    Intro

Thanks RevBob, I've just posted some photos in the gallery.

BC