1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Greetings from Singapore!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by G'kar, Jul 27, 2010.

1. G'kar

G'kar Mu-43 Regular

Jul 27, 2010
    Singapore
    Presently, I am a four-thirds user but have been following developments in mu-43 technology. So far, what I've seen and read have been excellent (within limits). I hope to one day switch to m4/3 system.

Photography is one of my current hobbies having recently picked it up since retirement a few years ago. I am still learning and sites like the 4/3 and m4/3 are indeed useful.

Thanks for accepting my membership.:smile:

• Like Like x 1
  2. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    Hi and welcome,
    I've been through the 4/3 route, I've still got my E1 and am now using some of those lenses on m4/3 as well as legacy lenses.
    I hope that this site continues to help you learn the photographic craft, or is it an art form.

Barrie

3. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome - I've downsized from an E-3 and some nice glass - using my new kit more now.

4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Glad to have you here, G'kar!

5. vincechu

vincechu Mu-43 Regular

Welcome to the forums :)

I'm quite new to photography and I have much to learn too. From my own experience here at mu-43, if you have any questions about photography such as about technique or about equipment, don't hesitate to ask, everyone here is very helpful - I've learned so much here.

Look forward to seeing you around the forums

6. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello and welcome here !

7. G'kar

G'kar Mu-43 Regular

Jul 27, 2010
    Singapore
    Thank you all for your warm welcome and kind comments.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Hello and welcome :friends:

What 4/3rds camera are you using at the moment?

Cheers

Brian

• Like Like x 1
  9. G'kar

G'kar Mu-43 Regular

Jul 27, 2010
    Singapore
    Sorry, Brian... haven't been checking my threads for a while.

I have an E620 with the following 4/3 lenses: 14-42; 9-18;25;40-150 and 70-300. I used to have the 35/3.5 macro lens also but sold it as I found the 70-300lens more suitable for my needs.

A few weeks ago, I purchased a used EPL-1 with the 14-42 kit and the 40-150 lenses at a very attractive price of SGD900 (equiv. USD666) still with about 7 months warranty remaining.

I have taken some shots with both lenses as well as my other 4/3 lenses and these can be viewed in my gallery. Will upload more photos soon.

Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  10. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations upon your E-Pl1 and those lenses! It looks as though you're doing wonderfully with that camera and your lenses. Please post some of your photos in one of the appropriate threads in the genre forums or the image threads, etc., because I know we don't all make it into everyone's galleries as much as we should.

I'd love to be able to see your photos in a larger size, too - those architectural ones in particular!