1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Greetings from San Francisco!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by sge998, Jan 15, 2013.

1. sge998

sge998 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 14, 2013
    San Francisco, CA
    Hi everyone! I've been lurking in this forum for quite some time now. Finally decided to register so I can share with other members. I like to take photos with my E-M5 but also shoot videos with GH2 as a side project with a friend.

Currently trying to consolidate my equipments so I can focus more on taking great photos rather than having GAS.:thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    Welcome to the forum mate.
    Look forward to your contributions, especially some m43 video....the GH series cameras in particular are excellent video tools but I don't think we see enough...so just because the site tends to be stills-centric....please feel free to share your videos too.

GAS ? ....why do they give good things nasty names like "syndrome" ?
    ;)

Here we like to think of it as Gear Acquisition Support.....if you have some spare money laying around let us know and we will help you best decide what lens you should buy next !!

3. RedNumber5

RedNumber5 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2010
    Antioch, CA
    Welcome to mu-43 forum from a fellow SF Bay Area resident, even though some of my relatives in the East Bay consider East Contra Costa County not part of the Bay Area. I think there is quite a number of residents here on the forum by the way.

4. sge998

sge998 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 14, 2013
    San Francisco, CA
    The GH series are indeed great video cameras, for cameras like its price and size, the video quality it produces is hard to beat!

Hahaha thanks for the "support" :p Personally I'd like to call it "expanding photographic (equipment?) knowledge". Throughout the past year, I've bought and sold lenses such as such as OM Zuiko 28mm F/2.0, 50mm F/1.8, 100mm F/2.8, Voigtlander 25mm F/0.95, 35mm F/1.4, 58mm F/1.4, 75mm F/1.8, Panasonic 14mm F/2.5, 20mm F/1.7, PL45 F/2.8, Olympus 45mm F/1.8, Rokinon 85mm F/1.4, and Zeiss Planar 50mm F/1.7.

Quite a large # of lenses really. Had a lot of fun using it for video and learned to master manual focus on the way. I really love the image rendering from some of those lenses but I realized most of them just sits in my bag so I sold most of it. Right now I am looking to just keep the 14mm, PL25 (incoming), and PL45. Still debating wether I should get the Olympus 17mm F/1.8 or get a high quality zoom like the 12-35mm. I am a prime shooter but felt the need of a zoom lens couple of times while traveling. Maybe you guys can help me decide?:wink:

Well it's great to know there are members from around the bay. We really don't have much love when it comes to photographic related things, not to mention shops. Perhaps members around the area can arrange a meet or group shoot some time in the near future so we can share our experiences!:thumbup:

5. Mogul

Mogul Mu-43 Regular

Nov 9, 2012
    Welcome to Mu43. I'm sure you will enjoy it. There is much to learn and a lot of fine people to teach it all.

6. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Sge998, welcome aboard!

Regards,

Jim

7. incabloc

incabloc Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2012
    Great to have you on board Sge998 & look forward to some of your works!

8. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Welcome aboard! SF is a lovely place. And so many places to take photos of every type! Landscape, street, urban, nature ... possibilities are endless!

9. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome aboard! :cool:

10. zpuskas

zpuskas Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Welcome and enjoy!