Greetings From San Diego!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Scot, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Scot

Scot New to Mu-43

Mar 4, 2017
    San Diego
    Scott
    It's funny - a few months ago I sold off all my Olympus M43 gear and purchased a D500, which was surprisingly less expensive than the EM1 MKII.

I embraced it... for a little while, right up until I realized nothing had really changed. It was still big, heavy and foundationally ancient despite the wicked autofocus. Fortunately, I found a trading partner here on M43 who wanted the D500 and willing to make an even trade for a G85 and few pieces of excellent glass. So I am back.

I copied the intro I posted on the Nikon forum a little over a month ago and pasted it below. Of course, the last paragraph is now out of date.

Here you go:

I was born and raised in Portland Oregon and spent fifteen years in the Seattle area. I'm still trying to figure out how I got this far south.

I've been a photographer for more years than I care to share but really got into it after the Chase Jarvis - David Hobby led Flickr event in Seattle those many years ago. From there I worked in an associate studio in Mukilteo and in fashion photographer Jim Hadley's Experience Studio 912. (R.I.P. Jim)...

After relocating, I left fashion behind, opting for more outdoorsy stuff. I love the challenge hummingbirds bring to the game, and everything the coastal desert climate affords me - birds, plant life, bugs - you name it.

I've been around the world with cameras, Nikon, Canon, Pentax, and Panasonic. I recently abandoned Olympus - I had a choice to make - the latest greatest M43 camera or the best DX camera ever made, and both were the same price. Guess where I ended up?

Lens wise; 35mm DX, 50mm F1.8, Tamron 90mm VC USD Macro, Nikon 300mm F4D, the old one - but a good one, extension tubes, teleconverters, etc. There's also a large Pelican case full of lighting gear and stands to boot which is mostly portable stuff - and a rental account at two B&M stores.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Christop82

Christop82 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 10, 2016
    Welcome back.

3. Scot

Scot New to Mu-43

Mar 4, 2017
    San Diego
    Scott
    Thank You - it's good t be back.

• Like Like x 1