1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Greetings From San Diego!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Scot, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Scot

Scot Mu-43 Regular

Mar 4, 2017
    It's funny - a few months ago I sold off all my Olympus M43 gear and purchased a D500, which was surprisingly less expensive than the EM1 MKII.

I embraced it... for a little while, right up until I realized nothing had really changed. It was still big, heavy and foundationally ancient despite the wicked autofocus. Fortunately, I found a trading partner here on M43 who wanted the D500 and willing to make an even trade for a G85 and few pieces of excellent glass. So I am back.

I copied the intro I posted on the Nikon forum a little over a month ago and pasted it below. Of course, the last paragraph is now out of date.

Here you go:

I was born and raised in Portland Oregon and spent fifteen years in the Seattle area. I'm still trying to figure out how I got this far south.

I've been a photographer for more years than I care to share but really got into it after the Chase Jarvis - David Hobby led Flickr event in Seattle those many years ago. From there I worked in an associate studio in Mukilteo and in fashion photographer Jim Hadley's Experience Studio 912. (R.I.P. Jim)...

After relocating, I left fashion behind, opting for more outdoorsy stuff. I love the challenge hummingbirds bring to the game, and everything the coastal desert climate affords me - birds, plant life, bugs - you name it.

I've been around the world with cameras, Nikon, Canon, Pentax, and Panasonic. I recently abandoned Olympus - I had a choice to make - the latest greatest M43 camera or the best DX camera ever made, and both were the same price. Guess where I ended up?

Lens wise; 35mm DX, 50mm F1.8, Tamron 90mm VC USD Macro, Nikon 300mm F4D, the old one - but a good one, extension tubes, teleconverters, etc. There's also a large Pelican case full of lighting gear and stands to boot which is mostly portable stuff - and a rental account at two B&M stores.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Christop82

Christop82 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 10, 2016
    Welcome back.

3. Scot

Scot Mu-43 Regular

Mar 4, 2017
    Thank You - it's good t be back.

• Like Like x 1
  4. virtualjeff

virtualjeff Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Dec 31, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Jeff
    Welcome back and hello neighbor! I'm in San Diego as well. I took a really long break from photography and just getting back into it now. Loving the M43 system. Hope you stay.

• Like Like x 1
  5. nancyr

nancyr Mu-43 Regular

May 17, 2014
    San Diego
    Nancy
    Welcome, from another Nikon/m43 and Seattle/SD hybrid!

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.