1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Greetings from Quebec!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by matjolic, May 21, 2014.

1. matjolic

matjolic New to Mu-43

May 21, 2014
    Quebec, Canada
    Hello and bonjour,

I've been lurking around these forums since I bought an E-M1 in January. I'm definitely hooked on the micro four thirds format. I think it is visionary and the right approach to combining digital technology with photography according to people's expectations. I the past 5 months, I think I've converted 3 persons to the format as they were both impressed by the size of the equipment and the quality of the output.

I work as a VFX compositor, so framing/composition, digital imagery, color correction and retouches are my daily bread. Not through photography though. I've been shooting on film (mostly B&W, big fan of Kodak TriX) for the past 15 years. I only ever had a Nikon D50 10 years back which I only kept for a couple of months. The technology just wasn't on par with my shooting habits. The price of film is just not sustainable anymore for me to shoot all that I would like to.

For development, I've explored Lightroom on OS X, but mostly rely on RawTherapee at the moment because it is the one I feel gives me most control and works on all my machines (I'm a mainly a Linux guy, OS X at work).

This seems like a great community, looking forward to seeing you around, cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Itchybiscuit

Itchybiscuit Photon Mangler

Dec 10, 2013
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Ivor
    Welcome to m4/3.

You'll fit right in I'm sure. :thumbup: