Greetings from Quebec!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by matjolic, May 21, 2014.

1. matjolic

matjolic New to Mu-43

May 21, 2014
    Quebec, Canada
    Hello and bonjour,

I've been lurking around these forums since I bought an E-M1 in January. I'm definitely hooked on the micro four thirds format. I think it is visionary and the right approach to combining digital technology with photography according to people's expectations. I the past 5 months, I think I've converted 3 persons to the format as they were both impressed by the size of the equipment and the quality of the output.

I work as a VFX compositor, so framing/composition, digital imagery, color correction and retouches are my daily bread. Not through photography though. I've been shooting on film (mostly B&W, big fan of Kodak TriX) for the past 15 years. I only ever had a Nikon D50 10 years back which I only kept for a couple of months. The technology just wasn't on par with my shooting habits. The price of film is just not sustainable anymore for me to shoot all that I would like to.

For development, I've explored Lightroom on OS X, but mostly rely on RawTherapee at the moment because it is the one I feel gives me most control and works on all my machines (I'm a mainly a Linux guy, OS X at work).

This seems like a great community, looking forward to seeing you around, cheers!
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Itchybiscuit

Itchybiscuit Photon Mangler

Dec 10, 2013
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Welcome to m4/3.

You'll fit right in I'm sure. :thumbup: