Greetings from ovengloves!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by ovengloves, Mar 16, 2013.

1. ovengloves

ovengloves Mu-43 Regular

Mar 16, 2013
    England, UK
    Hi everyone.

I've been lurking on this site for months and thought it was high time to register and say hello. It's a great site and I've recommended it to many a fellow enthusiast!

First a bit about me I guess - when I was a kid I used to envy my Dad's camera, a lovely Olympus OM-1, so much so in fact that he picked up a cheapo OM-10 for me to start using at a tender age. Years later, when digital cameras started to become readily available and second-hand SLR's appeared in their hundreds on eBay every day, I got myself an OM-2n and a few prime lenses for next to nothing, and I loved it!

Years later still, keen to join the world of digital photography, I made the silly mistake of abandoning it and purchased a Panasonic DMC-TZ5 compact point'n'shoot affair. A good camera yes, for what it is, but it seemed to stop me taking photographs. It would get thrown into my bag if I was going travelling somewhere, but I would hardly use it. It just didn't inspire me.

Thankfully, along came the OM-D :smile: Maybe I'm just an OM bore but since getting one last year I'm quite the budding enthusiast once more, and my modest collection of old OM lenses are finally seeing the light of day again :smile:

I'm very much looking forward to using this site to further my knowledge and skills, and hopefully sharing some of my results with you :2thumbs:

See you in there!

2. BigTam

BigTam Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Dortmund, Germany
    Ron
    Don't the gloves make it hard to work the small buttons?

Welcome, lots of good stuff here

3. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Ovengloves, welcome aboard!

Good that you held on to the OM glass!

Regards,

Jim

4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome aboard, glad to have you with us! :smile:

5. savvy

savvy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    SE Essex, UK
    Les
    Welcome, ovengloves, from another UK'er :smile:

6. ovengloves

ovengloves Mu-43 Regular

Mar 16, 2013
    England, UK
    Haha :cool: No, but it's a great song!

Unfortunately it's a nickname that's stuck because 1. I have large hands and 2. I'm really clumsy.

Perfect attributes for a photographer I'm sure you'll agree :smile: