greetings from oregon

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by dcginc, Feb 2, 2011.

1. dcginc

dcginc Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    Pdx orygun
    Just got a new Lumix GF1 with 20mm and should have a 45-200mm within a few days. Looking forward to getting back into photography (thinking about my early fun, mid 1970's, with my Minolta SRT 102) Having this 4/3's format will allow me more creativity than what camera phones and point and shoots can allow. Last fall a friend told me about 4/3 formats. the rest is history learning that I could have in such a format, (mostly) full control of shooting an image, yet not have the size and bulk of a full on-DSLR that I could never bring myself to own.

I need to take some local classes, reacquaint myself with using a camera that you can control and adjust, and how to better use a digital camera with all its features.

Looking to own one more lens, 14-45mm and with that, should have plenty to work with.

any ideas on camera bags, padded, nylon etc? thanks.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome - enjoy your new gear.

By the way there is a difference between 4/3 and micro 4/3 systems. They are related using the same sensor and the same brands but 4/3 bodies have mirrors and a longer light path meaning bigger and heavier lenses and bodies. The :43: system does away with the mirror allowing more compact hardware.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

dcginc, congratulations for making your move back into photography and for deciding on your GF1! Welcome!

As for bags and other accessories, I'll point you to this thread: in the Accessories forum. Happy reading!:biggrin: