greetings from oregon

dcginc

Mu-43 Rookie
Just got a new Lumix GF1 with 20mm and should have a 45-200mm within a few days. Looking forward to getting back into photography (thinking about my early fun, mid 1970's, with my Minolta SRT 102) Having this 4/3's format will allow me more creativity than what camera phones and point and shoots can allow. Last fall a friend told me about 4/3 formats. the rest is history learning that I could have in such a format, (mostly) full control of shooting an image, yet not have the size and bulk of a full on-DSLR that I could never bring myself to own.

I need to take some local classes, reacquaint myself with using a camera that you can control and adjust, and how to better use a digital camera with all its features.

Looking to own one more lens, 14-45mm and with that, should have plenty to work with.

any ideas on camera bags, padded, nylon etc? thanks.

bilzmale

Mu-43 All-Pro
Hello and welcome - enjoy your new gear.

By the way there is a difference between 4/3 and micro 4/3 systems. They are related using the same sensor and the same brands but 4/3 bodies have mirrors and a longer light path meaning bigger and heavier lenses and bodies. The :43: system does away with the mirror allowing more compact hardware.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom