Greetings from Norway!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Mytola, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Mytola

Mytola Mu-43 Regular

Feb 10, 2013
    New user here, so I suppose I could introduce myself to everyone! :)

I'm from Fredrikstad in Norway, and I took up photography as a more serious hobby about a year ago. Started out with a Nikon D7000. Quickly found out that it didn't suit my hands at all, so I got myself a D3 instead. I was happy with that until I got myself a Fuji X100 this autumn. From then on, the D3 was left at home because of size and weight. The light and nimble Fuji was something I could take with me anywhere, and my search for a compact system camera to replace the D3 started.

Then I noticed the OM-D E-M5. Good looks, good IQ, and supposedly good handling. Tried one in the store, together with the battery grip, and it just felt perfect. Before you knew it, all the Nikon stuff was sold off, and I now have a OM-D with Olympus 12mm, 45mm and 75mm instead. Haven't regretted that move at all, and I do think that µ-4/3 is where I'm going to stay from now on.

Anyway, that's me and my camera history. Feel free to check out my work over at 500px here: 500px / Henrik Sandåker Tangen / Photos

Cheers! :2thumbs:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Welcome to the forum Henrik! Nice bunch of guys and gals here :biggrin:
  3. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the forum Henrik! I love your 500px photos... reminds me that I need to upload some to my account there. =D
  4. stingx

stingx Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 10, 2012
    Weird, NJ
    Hugh Douche
    Welcome and I, too, like your 500px photos. In fact, I just followed you.
  5. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Welcome to the forum! Great photos - I particularly liked the cat photos. :cool:
  6. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan

Welcome to the forum from a former Nikonian. Sold it all in a move to the OM-D and haven't looked back.

(I envy you the Fuji X-100 - I can't justify adding one to my kit but that doesn't stop me from wanting one :biggrin:).

7. Vnnie

Vnnie Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 29, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Welcome! Nice photos.