1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Greetings from Norway

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Eirik, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Eirik

Eirik Mu-43 Regular

Aug 20, 2012
    Oslo, Norway
    Eirik
    Hello all.. :smile:

I'm a 25-year-old law student from Norway, currently residing in Oslo. I'm an FT as well as mFT user. It all started in the summer of 2008 when I bought an Olympus E-410 from my brother to use while I was in the USA as an exchange student, I very much enjoyed that and I added the ZD 14-54mm f2,8-3,5 lens, which I have used quite a lot...

About one year later I traded up to the E-520, keeping the 14-54, that combo served me very well for a long time. I also had the FT Sigma 10-20, but that was sold earlier this year. That said most of the time since the summer of 2010 I have been using my brother's gripped E-30 and ZD 12-60mm f2,8-4 SWD, with the ZD 50-200 f2,8-3,5 (old, non-SWD) as well.

Just before christmas last year I picked up an E-PL1 and Lumix 20mm f1,7 very cheap, and I was very pleased with what I saw, so understandably, I had to get the OM-D E-M5 as soon as it was available in Norway, and that's what I did, have had that since mid-april, and I'm very pleased with it. I also have the MMF-3 adapter and I frequently use the 50-200 on the E-M5. Someone suggested to me to try some legacy lenses with it, so I got hold of some OM Zuikos: 35mm f2, 50mm f1,4 and 135mm f2,8. After I learned to manual focus them properly, I have been left wanting for more, so I added the Canon FD 135mm f2 and 200mm f2,8 IF, and I'm now looking at adding som even longer focal lengths...

I hope to be able to share my experiences here and be able to help others, as well as getting some help and advice on choices and problems with equipment. :thumbup:

2. Kiwi Paul

Kiwi Paul Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    Aberdeen Scotland
    Welcome Erick,
    I'm sure you will enjoy it here, it's a friendly place.

Paul

3. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Welcome to the forum.

Gary

4. whatisinthebag

whatisinthebag Mu-43 Regular

Dec 23, 2011
    Central California
    Chris
    Welcome to the forum. Look forward to seeing your images. I have some ancestors from Moss Norway.

5. redington

redington Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2012
    Welcome! I studied in Norway for 4 months back in '96. It was a great time and a wonderful place. Looking forward to some pics.

6. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome to the forward. Be sure to post some photos. :biggrin: