Greetings from Norway

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Eirik, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Eirik

Eirik Mu-43 Regular

Aug 20, 2012
    Oslo, Norway
    Hello all.. :smile:

I'm a 25-year-old law student from Norway, currently residing in Oslo. I'm an FT as well as mFT user. It all started in the summer of 2008 when I bought an Olympus E-410 from my brother to use while I was in the USA as an exchange student, I very much enjoyed that and I added the ZD 14-54mm f2,8-3,5 lens, which I have used quite a lot...

About one year later I traded up to the E-520, keeping the 14-54, that combo served me very well for a long time. I also had the FT Sigma 10-20, but that was sold earlier this year. That said most of the time since the summer of 2010 I have been using my brother's gripped E-30 and ZD 12-60mm f2,8-4 SWD, with the ZD 50-200 f2,8-3,5 (old, non-SWD) as well.

Just before christmas last year I picked up an E-PL1 and Lumix 20mm f1,7 very cheap, and I was very pleased with what I saw, so understandably, I had to get the OM-D E-M5 as soon as it was available in Norway, and that's what I did, have had that since mid-april, and I'm very pleased with it. I also have the MMF-3 adapter and I frequently use the 50-200 on the E-M5. Someone suggested to me to try some legacy lenses with it, so I got hold of some OM Zuikos: 35mm f2, 50mm f1,4 and 135mm f2,8. After I learned to manual focus them properly, I have been left wanting for more, so I added the Canon FD 135mm f2 and 200mm f2,8 IF, and I'm now looking at adding som even longer focal lengths...

I hope to be able to share my experiences here and be able to help others, as well as getting some help and advice on choices and problems with equipment. :thumbup:
  2. Kiwi Paul

Kiwi Paul Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    Aberdeen Scotland
    Welcome Erick,
    I'm sure you will enjoy it here, it's a friendly place.

3. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    Welcome to the forum.

4. whatisinthebag

whatisinthebag Mu-43 Regular

Dec 23, 2011
    Central California
    Welcome to the forum. Look forward to seeing your images. I have some ancestors from Moss Norway.
  5. redington

redington Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2012
    Welcome! I studied in Norway for 4 months back in '96. It was a great time and a wonderful place. Looking forward to some pics.
  6. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Welcome to the forward. Be sure to post some photos. :biggrin: