1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Greetings from north-eastern Italy!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by kai.e.g., Feb 14, 2010.

1. kai.e.g.

kai.e.g. Mu-43 Regular

BBW suggested I introduce myself here, so here I am! Some of you might have noticed an occasional post from me over at GetDPI (both 4/3rds and Small Sensor Camera forums). I live in a rural village in the north-east of Italy, about half an hour from the provincial capital of Pordenone, with my wife and son. We've lived in Italy for the past 9 years; moved here from Australia.

I use an E-P1, most of the time with manual lenses of one sort or another. I've had photography as a hobby for 30 years, and have worked with most types of gear; manual film SLRs, rangefinders, medium format folders and other bits and pieces. I rarely get rid of anything, so there's a bizarre range of gear in the cupboard in my basement. A lot of this gear - specifically the lenses - is slowly returning to service, mounted on the E-P1 :thumbup:

Cheers,
    Kai
    www.griffinbyteworks.com

• Like Like x 1
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Kai, many thanks for taking the time to formally introduce yourself.:wink: I've only just taken a very quick look at your website, and I'm really looking forward to spending more time in there soon. Very nice site, by the way the few photos that I've seen are pretty impressive.

Sounds as though you live in a lovely area! Really looking forward to see more of your work.:biggrin:

3. deckitout

deckitout Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Essex UK
    welcome to the forum

4. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran

Welcome Kai!

5. sinophilia

sinophilia Mu-43 Regular

Jan 22, 2010
    Verona, Italy
    welcome Kai, I'm in Verona, we're pretty close to each other.

6. alessandro

alessandro Mu-43 Regular

Jan 29, 2010
    Welcome!
    I'm near too, Vicenza province.

7. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
  8. kai.e.g.

kai.e.g. Mu-43 Regular

Thanks for the big welcome, everyone!

Verona & Vicenza [provence] are indeed pretty close... and lovely places! I was near Vicenza for a weekend in December, and a year before that in town for the last day of the Palladio exhibition. It has a lovely feel to it. I'm ashamed to say I've not yet been into Verona town... we are waiting for some close friends who lived there for many years to take us along on a trip! However, I have eaten at Ristorante alla Borsa at Valeggio sul Mincio -- famous for its tortelli. I'm sure everyone in Verona has eaten there at least once :)