Greetings from New Mexico

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by JoeV, Aug 22, 2012.

1. JoeV

JoeV Mu-43 Regular

Aug 22, 2012
    Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
    Joe Van Cleave
    Hi folks. I'm new to the forum but am a long-time micro-4/3 user, having started with the Lumix G1 in December of 2008. I've lurked here, off and on, for a long while, and finally decided to sign up. I look forward to sharing with this community of enthusiasts.

I'm not a frequent equipment purchaser (despite what my wife may have told you), the G1 has been my mainstay digital camera for the last 4 years. It's still going strong, and I expect to continue using it in a backup capacity despite having just purchased a G5, which I'm anxious to receive.

Having been a long-time photographer, and still maintaining a working darkroom, and still involved in film photography, I'm of the opinion that photographers create images, not cameras. I've created some spectacular images using handmade large format pinhole box cameras, for instance. So you might be surprised to know that I'm less than impressed when people spout technical minutia pertaining to their cameras' performance specs in place of discussing photography. But that's just my opinionated self speaking.

I looking forward to learning from this community of experts, knowing that, like all of us, I have many areas where my photography skill-set needs to grow. I will try to remain humble and teachable, and will try not to get too argumentative, despite the fact that I know I'm right. :wink:

-Joe Van Cleave
  2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Welcome Joe! It's very true that photographers make photos, not equipment. It will be great to have your input here. As much as we discuss gear we're trying to steer te conversations toward photos and techniques. Look forward to seeing some of your work. :smile:
  3. zapatista

zapatista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Denver, Colorado, USA
    Bienvenidos a

Welcome to the board! I'll be down in Albuquerque over labor day and am already looking forward to the salsa from Los Cuates. Enjoy the G5 and we'll see if the Lobos can snap their losing ways with a new coach (football).

4. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez
    absolutely nothing to see in New Mexico....