1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Greetings from Nevada!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by toob, Jul 27, 2010.

1. toob

toob New to Mu-43

Jul 18, 2010
    Hi all,

I'm so excited to have found this forum!

I'm a very new Oly E-PL1 user. I'm normally a Canon Xsi shooter with a plethora of heavy optics. I had the recent pleasure of traveling to the East Coast where I hauled my Canon kit. My standard walkaround lens is the 4.7 lb 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 L. While I'm very accustomed to carrying this monster of a lens, I began my research on the E-PL1 while I was on vacation and longing for something smaller and yet with the ability to write in RAW, something that was versatile, and could record HD video.

The day I returned home and before I even got to my home, I had to stop and pick up the E-PL1! Family members are fearing the the Canon has gone by the wayside now. I've picked up the Pany 45-200mm and am awaiting receipt of the E-VF2 so I can make the most use out of the new telephoto. I do have to laugh when I see people comment on how 'large' the 45-200mm lens is and how it changes the way people hold the MFT bodies with it on, it's certainly no 4.7 lb cannon (Canon)! What a joy it is to use!

I pretty much use the camera in Manual mode all the time, but it's fun and fast to put it in iAuto and just let the shots happen. I love that iAuto mode records in RAW format as well! While I've found the lower light images to be a bit on the noisy side, I'm able to sufficiently clean up the RAW files in post so I'm not overly worried about it. I love how sharp the subjects come out, and I'm thrilled with the buttery bokeh.

Thank you all so far for the posts you've all made that have shaped my opinions to buy the E-PL1 and find the right telephoto and viewfinder. . . . while my pocketbook isn't overly thrilled, I sure am! :tongue:

I look forward to sharing and learning more from everyone here.

~~Melissa in Nevada
    Some of my E-PL1 test shots

• Like Like x 1
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Melissa, thanks so much for your introduction and congratulations on your move to :43: with that E-PL1 and those lenses and soon the EVF!:biggrin:

You're on your way and that shot of the "roiling cerulean sky" is breathtaking!

Please make yourself at home here and don't hesitate to post some of your photographs.:wink:

3. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello Melissa, welcome here ! Congrats on your mft stuff.

4. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Melissa - you are in good company here.

5. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Welcome!

6. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi Melissa, looks like you have a great copy of the Lumix 45-200... you have some great samples there!

Welcome to our forum, great having you onboard :friends:

Cheers

Brian

7. Briar

Briar Mu-43 Regular

Jun 13, 2010
    Bonnie Scotland
    Hi Melissa, loved your photos, so colourful! Welcome to the forum.

Cheers, Briar