Greetings from Minneapolis!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Jamus, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Jamus

Jamus Mu-43 Regular

Apr 18, 2010
    Hello MU-43rders!
    I've found myself coming back to these forums quite a bit over the past few weeks, as my interest of the :43: system increases.
    You guys seem to have a great community going here, and I'd love to join it.
    :dance2:
    A little bit about me, I'm a senior at an Arts High School (senioritis has to be one of the main reasons I find myself drifting on in class and visiting forums like these :p), and have been using photography as my main source of income for two years now, shooting mostly seniors and families (I have a wedding coming up soon, though. Excited for that). I eventually want to become an artist, using my love of graphic design, photography, and the fine arts to support myself. :)

I only recently bought the GF1 w/ 20mm, and I must say, I have been astonished by the images that baby can pop out. I find myself using my D5000 and D300s less-and-less, just going on photoventures with the GF1.

Here's a few photos from those trips:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ^shot at 20th of a second handheld! Definitely could not have done that with my Nikons. :p
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Those are just a few I rounded up.

See you guys around! ;)

2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Jamus, welcome to the board and thanks so much for introducing yourself, too. Only a few more weeks of high school - before you know it you'll be off on another adventure.

Thank you so much for posting examples of your work - very well done, too.:thumbup:

Take your time and get to know the site...and take note of the forums that are open to Members Only such as Housekeeping and Image Works....that is when you have time.:wink:

3. Jamus

Jamus Mu-43 Regular

Apr 18, 2010
  4. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
  5. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Some fine photography there Jamus, it's going to be great having you around! :2thumbs:

Cheers

Brian

6. Ian_Holmes

Ian_Holmes Mu-43 Regular

Mar 27, 2010
    Minnesota
    Another Minnesotan joins the list.
    Welcome aboard!
    Great pictures look forward to seeing more.
    Ian

7. Enrique

Enrique Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    spain
    Wellcome Jamus. Very nice pictures for intruducing yourself,Thanks for sharing :smile: