1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Greetings from Milton Keynes

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by lhockings, Jul 16, 2010.

1. lhockings

lhockings New to Mu-43

Jul 16, 2010
    Milton Keynes
    Hi,
    I'm a new member on this forum, I found my way here trying to search for info on a cheap way to use my G1 for Macro photography without spending over £500 on a new lens!! SOme good ideas so far!

Liam

• Like Like x 1
  2. igi

igi Mu-43 Regular

Feb 24, 2010
    I thought you have the same name as the Keynes economist until I got a good read at your name:biggrin:

Welcome to the forum!

3. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Hello Liam, and welcome! :friends:

What lens are you favouring at the moment?

Cheers

Brian

4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Glad you found your way here, Liam, and I look forward to seeing some of your photos, soon.:smile:

5. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hi Liam, welcome here !

6. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Liam. I have an o/s shopping address at Milton Keynes (through Borderlinx).

7. lhockings

lhockings New to Mu-43

Jul 16, 2010
    Milton Keynes
    i'm using the 14-45 and 45-200 panasonic lenses and still trying to decide what to do for a macro solution. I've seen some canon FD fit macro lenses resonably priced on ebay, so thinkning of getting one of these with an adapter, but all suggestions welcome! I'm trying for a solution for under £100 if possible!!

8. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Welcome! Using a Magnon 70-200 (Pentax mount) for macro. Not very portable because of weight, but it's nice to use.

9. lhockings

lhockings New to Mu-43

Jul 16, 2010
    Milton Keynes
    I've found a Sigma FD fit 28mm macro on Ebay, plus an adapter from shamino for about £50 for both. Going ot give them a try when they arrive.