Greetings from middle England

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by badlywornroy, Mar 20, 2010.

1. badlywornroy

badlywornroy Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 20, 2010
    Hello to everyone here,

A few words to introduce myself. I am in the UK in the rural East Midlands where civilisation has passed us by and we still ride horses and draw water from wells :eek:
    I have owned a Panasonic G1 with the two kit lense since april 09 and a GF1 + EVF & 20mm f/1.7 for a couple of months. I have recently added the 45mm Leica macro and the 7-14mm f/4. Until recently I was also using a Sony Alpha A700 dSLR but after many sleepless nights I have sold all my dSLR kit and committed myself to :43:
    I know many users use 'legacy' lens with their :43: kit but I was attracted to 'small & light' and therefore will stick to OE equipment.

I look forward to reading your opinions and viewing your pictures.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi badly, and welcome to the forum... please make yourself at home :friends:

3. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome ! Take a seat at this great forum.
  4. hanzo

hanzo Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 22, 2010
    welcome badly,

I would like to see pictures of the horse riding and water fetching :biggrin:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Yes, welcome badly and please plan on hosting some of us in your neck of the woods because civilization isn't all it's cracked up to be, as you well know.:biggrin:
  6. pete

pete Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2010
    Phoenix, Az
    Welcome from sunny Arizona....

7. klythawk

klythawk Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Nottingham U.K.
    Hi badly from a fellow East Midlander, (Nottingham), i'm sure you'll enjoy your visits to mu-43. :2thumbs:

8. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran

Hey John from Robin Hood around these days?? Oh, and welcome Badly worne to the best little spot on the web for 4/3rds users.:2thumbs:
  9. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

G'day Badly. Welcome to the Forum and you'll find it home here. One thing i'd like to know, why did you give yourself such sad name?:confused:

That part of England sounds like an awesome place for a young aussie to come and see sometime soon.
    I have a GF1 as my camera and still researching around for a good price on an EVF. Sun can get very bright around here.

Good to see ya,
  10. Enrique

Enrique Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    :smile:Wellcome badly,this a friendly place