Greetings from Melbourne Australia

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by BlueDevil, Jul 8, 2013.

1. BlueDevil

BlueDevil Mu-43 Regular

Jul 8, 2013
    Hello everyone.

I have recently bought an Olympus E-Pl5 and I am really loving it. At this stage I only have the 14-42 and 40-150 kit lenses but hope to expand on this when money permits.

I used to be quite keen on photography in the 'old' film days and had a couple of Minoltas (SRT 101 and X700). Over time I got a bit sick or carting around lots of equipment and when digital came along I simplified things by going to compact cameras. I got rather lazy and largely just used the P setting for most stuff.

I have been shooting mainly underwater stuff in recent years using a Canon S95 in a Canon housing. However since buying the E-Pl5 I have been shooting a lot more topside photos and getting back into the pleasures of manipulating the camera manually rather than relying on auto exposure. It has rekindled in me an interest in more serious photography and I am gradually getting back a lot of the knowledge I have lost over the years of just using point and shoot cameras.

I hope to get an underwater housing for the E-Pl5 but am considering my options in terms of the various housings and ports and lenses etc. Ultimately I would like to buy an OMD (probably the next model when it comes out) and use the E-PL5 predominantly for underwater work.

Looking forward to learning more from this forum. :smile:
  2. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi .. Welcome to this wonderful forum from another Melbournian. You will love EPL5 and it offers same IQ as OMD . Hope to see some pics from ur EPL5 .
  3. sircam1

sircam1 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 6, 2013
    Hi Blue Devil, welcome to the forum. I'm relative new too, but like you Melb based. Think there's a few locals on this forum.
  4. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi :smile:
    A very warm welcome to u as well . We are quite a big number actually . I think we should arrange a meet n greet MFT photo walk soon .
  5. Geoff3DMN

Geoff3DMN Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia
    Welcome to the forum BlueDevil :smile:

I'm not in Melbourne but I'm close(ish) about an hour north in Central Victoria.

Bhupinder I'd be up for another photo walk, the last one was fun :biggrin:
  6. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Welcome aboard, BlueDevil!

Gee, I loved that old Minolta X700. Kept mine for years, finally passing it on to one of the kids.

I'm sure you'll get the bug again with the new kit!

7. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Welcome aboard! :smile:
  8. BlueDevil

BlueDevil Mu-43 Regular

Jul 8, 2013
    Thanks for the welcome. :smile:

A photo walk sounds like a nice idea. Maybe I could learn a bit more about my camera from those of you with more experience.