Greetings from McLean, Virginia

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by grey0135, Jul 28, 2010.

1. grey0135

grey0135 Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 28, 2010
    After months of procrastinating and waiting for price drops, I finally just received my E-PL1 in the mail. I also purchased a used G1 for the lens (a bargain at $420!), which I will probably keep for the articulated screen and EVF (I sold the E-PL1 kit lens). But I do most of my shooting with the E-PL1. Love IBIS, the compact size, and the many options in the menu:smile:

My equipment: E-PL1, G1, panasonic 20mm, panasonic 14-45mm, and the incredible 9-18mm lens. Use the G1 for macro and people shots (due to the autofocus speed and articulated screen), and the E-PL1 for travel photography. Ibis works great in museums and churches, where you don't have to contend with subject movement! I'm thinking of taking the G1 along in the future as a second body in order to avoid changing lenses, but I'm wary of having to carry around the extra equipment.

I'm an amateur. No studio photography, but lots of landscape and architecture shooting, and I love shooting people as well.

Oh and I also study law on the side. Errr I mean the other way around!

Have read many comments on this forum, and look forward to participating!

• Like Like x 1
  2. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Roger - good move on the G1 - it complements the Pens nicely.
  3. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
  4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Roger, you've hit the ground running now! Congrats on your camera and lenses, and please post some of your photographs soon - when you're not studying your law books.:biggrin:
  5. grey0135

grey0135 Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 28, 2010
  6. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Hello and a warm welcome Roger :friends:

I hope you will make yourself at home here :thumbup: