Greetings from Malaysia

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Sioe, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Sioe

Sioe New to Mu-43

Sep 15, 2011
    A very big shout out from me here over in Malaysia. I've just only started exploring into the world of micro 4/3 by investing and "pimping" on an Olympus E-P3 but I'm got to say, I'm loving it ever since.

Was an avid Nikon DSLR user (probably still am) but frankly, haven't had much time to even take it out for shootings as the E-P3 proves to be so much more flexible and convenient. Although I do admit that IQ on it still doesn't come close to what my D90 produces especially on low lighting but I attribute that to probably lens related. My kit lens and 17mm just doesn't seem to push the E-P3 to it's true potential. Having said that, the lack of experience and skills using the E-P3 might play a role too. Hahaha.

Nonetheless, this forum has taught me so much and I'm grateful and glad I found it! Keep up the good work guys!

Calling out too to other Malaysian micro 4/3ers here. It seems pretty hard to obtain accessories here. I'm based in Penang and looking for the fame 45mm lens has been near mission impossible.

Anyhows, hope to hear from some locals here and maybe we can share some shooting time together. Tq!

• Like Like x 3
  2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the forum!

Beware... forum participation will result lens acquisition!

• Like Like x 2
  3. jim_khoo

jim_khoo Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 9, 2010
    Kuala Lumpur
    hi sioe,
    welcome to the forum. penang has much to offer; looking forward to it.
    if you like, you can share some here. it is dedicated to share Malaysian life style. :smile:

4. Sioe

Sioe New to Mu-43

Sep 15, 2011
    Hi Jim! I do agree that there's plenty of sweet Malaysia ripe for the shooting. :) What I'm really having problem is acquiring the items ie lens such as the 45mm. Any recommendations? Usual haunts like Hike and Fotoeasycam all seem not to carry it.

5. jim_khoo

jim_khoo Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 9, 2010
    Kuala Lumpur
    i am also waiting here in KL. will pm you when the kang tau is available.
    the 1442 is very good to use as long as light is correct. otherwise, you
    might get purple fringes.

6. Sioe

Sioe New to Mu-43

Sep 15, 2011
    Kangtau kangtau! Where r u?! Haha

7. jim_khoo

jim_khoo Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 9, 2010
    Kuala Lumpur
    i found out that very limited units were shipped to malaysia dealers;
    so there is limited stock on the 45mm.