1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Greetings from Loughborough, England!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by kriskerry91, Sep 28, 2012.

1. kriskerry91

kriskerry91 Mu-43 Regular

Hi all!

I've read threads on here regarding cameras and lens' etc, so yesterday I went out and bought a brand new shiny Olympus E-PL3 w/ 14-42mm Kit lens in Silver and thought I would register on here to post some pics and join in discussions! :)

I'm going away for the weekend and will be surrounded by hills, valleys and lakes so I should be able to take this bad boy for a spin!

-Bit about myself-
    I'm a 20 (21 a week today!) year old male from Loughborough, England. I work on a quarry by day, so plenty of good opportunities for some quality snaps! I'm also a breakdancer/streetdancer by night!
    I have a small amount of shooting experience with various cameras (I am VERY picky). Cameras I have owned and no longer have include:
    Canon 1100D
    Panasonic GF3
    Olympus E-PL1
    Samsung NX11

I am in no way a professional or even close to being a professional, but wouldn't really class myself as a Noob ;)

Oh and excuse me, my real name is Kris.
    BOOM! :2thumbs:

2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome Kris! Looking forward to seeing photos you get this weekend. Enjoy. :cool:

3. aragorn1980

aragorn1980 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 10, 2012
    Athens Greece
    Takis
    Welcome to the forum!

4. CUB

CUB Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 19, 2012

Greetings from sunny Folkestone! You will find this a very friendly and helpful forum. I assume you work at Mountsorrel extracting that beautiful grey granite. I have friends who work at the British Geological Survey at Keyworth, which isn't far away.

Given that the subscribers to this forum are scattered all over the world, with quite a few in the USA, I think we Brits should provide guides to pronunciation of the names of our towns.

I live in Folkestone. Americans tend to pronounce it "Folk-Estone". It should be pronounced "Fokes-Tun". Only two syllables.

Loughborough was famously christened "Lurger-Burger" by an anonymous American. I have an American friend (from Louisiana) who called it Looga-Barooga! It should be pronounced "Luff-Burra".

Then there is Leicestershire. Oh, my! My American friend carefully pronounces it as "Lie-sester-shyer". It should be pronounced "Lester-shu". That's "shu" as in "shut" with the "t" missing.

Hope this helps. :smile:

5. kriskerry91

Greetings! I work in Beeston, Nottinghamshire. Extracting Sand and Gravel for the building industry!
    I've been to the Lake District for a few days but due to bad weather i didnt get chance to take some quality photos, but i managed to get a few half decent ones which i will post later :)

6. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the forum, Kris!

7. kriskerry91

Okay so the following photos are more Touristy/friends shots so dont really do the camera much justice (I'm just getting use to it) so do bare with me.

All the shots were taken using the iAuto mode or Art mode and on Autofocus. None of the photos have been edited in anyway.
    Heres the set on Flickr:

Lake District & Lake Windermere - a set on Flickr