Greetings from Los Gatos

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by oldcarrot, Jun 29, 2012.

1. oldcarrot

oldcarrot Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 29, 2012
    Hi,

I used to do a lot of photography and still have lots of Nikon stuff. I suffered a shoulder injury and after 8 operations, i now have no shoulder and a radial nerve palsy so my left arm is useless for photography.

I became interested in micro four-thirds several months ago, was able to hold EM-5 in my hands at Keeble & Shuchat Photography in Palo Alto in early March. I placed an order with B&H for the silver kit w/ 12-50 on 06/07 along with 40-150 for $99 and the 300-R flash which will be free after rebate. And I wait!!!

With ISIS and the light weight, I'm hoping one hand held shooting will work. I've used P&S in the 7 years since my injury and have just been happy with the results.

I have been doing lots of lurking also. While waiting, I have picked up a kit 14mm/2.5 Panasonic lens for $140 (shipped $150) from US seller and a Olympic 45mm/1.8 refurb from Olympus for $319.

I was glad to see a post on the OMD-Em5 delivery date in mid-April thread of someone who ordered early May finally having theirs shipped from B&H. And I wait!!! :rolleyes: 

2. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Welcome aboard oldcarrot. Sorry about your injury. It is great that you're letting your injury keep you away from photography. I can only admire such spirit. A one handed photog is sorta stuck with primes ... but I was thinking that with the minimal bulk and weight of ยต4/3 you could design a swing away chest/neck support thingie to hold the camera up or swing away down when not in use. Like a harmonica holder ala Bob Dylan type of thing. Just thinking ... anyway, welcome aboard. I hope you enjoy your OM-D ... and looking forward to seeing your images.

Gary

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.