Greetings from Los Gatos

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by oldcarrot, Jun 29, 2012.

1. oldcarrot

oldcarrot Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 29, 2012
    Hi,

I used to do a lot of photography and still have lots of Nikon stuff. I suffered a shoulder injury and after 8 operations, i now have no shoulder and a radial nerve palsy so my left arm is useless for photography.

I became interested in micro four-thirds several months ago, was able to hold EM-5 in my hands at Keeble & Shuchat Photography in Palo Alto in early March. I placed an order with B&H for the silver kit w/ 12-50 on 06/07 along with 40-150 for $99 and the 300-R flash which will be free after rebate. And I wait!!!

With ISIS and the light weight, I'm hoping one hand held shooting will work. I've used P&S in the 7 years since my injury and have just been happy with the results.

I have been doing lots of lurking also. While waiting, I have picked up a kit 14mm/2.5 Panasonic lens for $140 (shipped $150) from US seller and a Olympic 45mm/1.8 refurb from Olympus for $319.

I was glad to see a post on the OMD-Em5 delivery date in mid-April thread of someone who ordered early May finally having theirs shipped from B&H. And I wait!!! :rolleyes:

2. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Welcome aboard oldcarrot. Sorry about your injury. It is great that you're letting your injury keep you away from photography. I can only admire such spirit. A one handed photog is sorta stuck with primes ... but I was thinking that with the minimal bulk and weight of ยต4/3 you could design a swing away chest/neck support thingie to hold the camera up or swing away down when not in use. Like a harmonica holder ala Bob Dylan type of thing. Just thinking ... anyway, welcome aboard. I hope you enjoy your OM-D ... and looking forward to seeing your images.

Gary