Greetings from Joshua Tree

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Reflex, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Reflex

Reflex Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 15, 2011
    Joshua Tree, Ca.
    I'm a desert landscape photographer Drew Reese Photo and Inn owner Spin and Margie's Desert Hide-a-Way
    I spend most of my time photographing in Joshua Tree National Park and Big Morongo Preserve. My challenge is the see the 'familiar' in a unique way.
    Right now, my kit is the EM-5 with the 12 f2 and 45 1.8
  2. rhoydotp

rhoydotp Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Toronto, Ont
    Hello there! I've been to Joshua Tree National Park on a very hot day a few years ago. I love the park! :2thumbs:

I don't have any photos online but I had a whole lot of photos from that day using my trusty Nikon D50 :biggrin:

I love the leading lines on this photo from your site (I hope you don't mind me linking it here).

3. Ranger Rick

Ranger Rick Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 11, 2009
    Tempe, AZ
    Welcome! I've spent many pleasant days there, and good to know there's a fellow m43 user there. Sad to read about the recent vandalism- too many idiots out there.
  4. spinyman

spinyman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 19, 2010
    San Diego
    Hi Drew,
    Your rock studies are gorgeous,and your Inn looks really cozy and inviting.Joshua Tree is one of my favorite places in the world.I live in North San Diego county, so you are only 2 1/2 hours from me.Alas, I don't get out there near often enough.Please start posting pics of yours so we can all enjoy your special part of the world.

Joshua tree by spinyman, on Flickr
  5. Reflex

Reflex Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 15, 2011
    Joshua Tree, Ca.
    Thanks everyone! Happy trails!
  6. entropicremnants

entropicremnants Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    Great stuff! Welcome to the site!
  7. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Hi Drew!

Nice take off on the Mouseketeers "Spin and Marty" :2thumbs:. (Yep,I'm old enough to remember the original...).

Welcome to the forum!

8. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Welcome to the forum Reflex! I'll bet you have lots to show us from Joshua Tree N.P. I'll be anxious to see them.