Greetings from Hong Kong

JonK

New to Mu-43
The arrival of the Pen 1 brought me back into the love of photography after years of indolence having given up film and my B&W darkroom.

I was very frustrated by the focussing limitations in the early days and so added a Leica M9 with an selection of lenses to my bag; the Pen languished...

Then with the firmware updates' improvement in the Pen's performance plus big increases in my processing abilities, I have happily welcomed back my PEN as a viable alternative to my M9, being lighter, cheaper and smaller! I use the pancake 17mm plus the Pan 7-14 and am considering getting a tele-zoom for those times when the M just can't do the job.

I've been reprocessing some of my earlier shots with LR3 plus the Nik Software plugins and been pleasantly surprised!

I look forward to posting and chatting with other members

Glenn S

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Welcome to the forum. I have the Panny 7-14 too and love it, here's a pic I took last year inside the Man Mo Temple in Hollywood Road. Looking forward to seeing some of your work.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Fiddler

Mu-43 Veteran
Welcome Jon and Hello from Scotland. Glad you decided to join us. I have an e-p1 too, and I like the images I get out of it. I use it with the 17mm Oly or 20mm Pany, and legacy lenses. Enjoy your photography!

All the best,

Colin

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Hello and welcome, JonK, from wintery and snowy New York! Thanks so much for your introduction. It is interesting isn't it what a difference a firmware improvement can make - and how much Lightroom and those nice Nik plug-ins can do. It took me a long time to come around to using both, and I am very glad I finally did.

Glenn - beautiful light in that scene of yours!

JonK, I look forward to your involvement and to your photographs!

m1pui

Mu-43 Veteran
Hi Jon,

I'm a new member here too and usually go to HK once a year if we can. I love the place so look forward to seeing some of your photos when you get some up here!

Over the years, I've been there with a Sony Cybershot P200, Canon S3iS, 350D, Canon G10, 500D and a Holga. I'm looking forward to hopefully getting over there this Easter with my GF-1. Looking forward to walking around fairly lightly loaded, compared to when I've been lugging around a DSLR the past couple of times!

Don't be shy in getting some links/photos up! :)

43hk

Mu-43 Veteran
A big hello from another HK-er.

That 7-14mm is the perfect lens for the territory.

Cheers

Alanroseman

Super Moderator Emeritus
Welcome aboard... I'm sure you'll enjoy the level of quality discussion exhibited here. I know that I have.

Alan

m1pui

Mu-43 Veteran
A big hello from another HK-er.

That 7-14mm is the perfect lens for the territory.

Cheers
Damn you, I knew it would be and it's looking like I'll be coming over again at beginning of April. It was already on the shopping list but i can see it moving up towards the top! Lol

Do you have any shots in an online album anywhere :smile:

Edit: Whats the 7-14mm retail for in HK anyways? Might be worth my while holding out until I get there!

Rob1975

Mu-43 Regular
Welcome to the forum. I have the Panny 7-14 too and love it, here's a pic I took last year inside the Man Mo Temple in Hollywood Road. Looking forward to seeing some of your work.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
outstanding!

David

Mu-43 Veteran
Welcome to the forum. I was in HK 3 weeks ago. I met up with another member as well.
What a nice place for camera gear.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom