Greetings from Hong Kong

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by JonK, Jan 13, 2011.

1. JonK

JonK New to Mu-43

Jan 13, 2011
    Hong Kong
    The arrival of the Pen 1 brought me back into the love of photography after years of indolence having given up film and my B&W darkroom.

I was very frustrated by the focussing limitations in the early days and so added a Leica M9 with an selection of lenses to my bag; the Pen languished...

Then with the firmware updates' improvement in the Pen's performance plus big increases in my processing abilities, I have happily welcomed back my PEN as a viable alternative to my M9, being lighter, cheaper and smaller! I use the pancake 17mm plus the Pan 7-14 and am considering getting a tele-zoom for those times when the M just can't do the job.

I've been reprocessing some of my earlier shots with LR3 plus the Nik Software plugins and been pleasantly surprised!

I look forward to posting and chatting with other members

• Like Like x 4
  2. Glenn S

Glenn S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    Welcome to the forum. I have the Panny 7-14 too and love it, here's a pic I took last year inside the Man Mo Temple in Hollywood Road. Looking forward to seeing some of your work.

P1020240.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  3. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Welcome Jon and Hello from Scotland. Glad you decided to join us. I have an e-p1 too, and I like the images I get out of it. I use it with the 17mm Oly or 20mm Pany, and legacy lenses. Enjoy your photography!

All the best,

Colin

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

I love your photo, Glenn!

• Like Like x 1
  5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Hello and welcome, JonK, from wintery and snowy New York! Thanks so much for your introduction. It is interesting isn't it what a difference a firmware improvement can make - and how much Lightroom and those nice Nik plug-ins can do. It took me a long time to come around to using both, and I am very glad I finally did.

Glenn - beautiful light in that scene of yours!

JonK, I look forward to your involvement and to your photographs!

6. m1pui

m1pui Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 30, 2010
    Sunderland, UK
    Hi Jon,

I'm a new member here too and usually go to HK once a year if we can. I love the place so look forward to seeing some of your photos when you get some up here!

Over the years, I've been there with a Sony Cybershot P200, Canon S3iS, 350D, Canon G10, 500D and a Holga. I'm looking forward to hopefully getting over there this Easter with my GF-1. Looking forward to walking around fairly lightly loaded, compared to when I've been lugging around a DSLR the past couple of times!

Don't be shy in getting some links/photos up! :)

7. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    A big California welcome JonK.

Gary

8. briandforever

briandforever Mu-43 Regular

Sep 27, 2010
    waiting to see your hongkong pics :)

9. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Jon - you have good taste in cameras.

10. 43hk

43hk Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2010
    HK
    A big hello from another HK-er.

That 7-14mm is the perfect lens for the territory.

Cheers

11. Glenn S

Glenn S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    Thanks, just booked my next trip to HK in May:smile:

12. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Welcome aboard... I'm sure you'll enjoy the level of quality discussion exhibited here. I know that I have.

Alan

13. m1pui

m1pui Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 30, 2010
    Sunderland, UK
    Damn you, I knew it would be and it's looking like I'll be coming over again at beginning of April. It was already on the shopping list but i can see it moving up towards the top! Lol

Do you have any shots in an online album anywhere :smile:

Edit: Whats the 7-14mm retail for in HK anyways? Might be worth my while holding out until I get there!

14. Rob1975

Rob1975 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 31, 2010
    outstanding!

15. shoturtle

shoturtle  

Oct 15, 2010
    Welcome, I was just there, had a nice time on vacation.

16. mking

mking New to Mu-43

Feb 17, 2012
    Perth Australia
  17. David

David Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 22, 2011
    Sydney
    Welcome to the forum. I was in HK 3 weeks ago. I met up with another member as well.
    What a nice place for camera gear.

18. mking

mking New to Mu-43

Feb 17, 2012
    Perth Australia
    Thanks David,

Really looking forward to the trip!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.