Greetings from Finland

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Mungozan, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Mungozan

Mungozan Mu-43 Rookie

May 31, 2010
    Jyväskylä, Finland
    Hello,

I´m not quite yet an owner of a m43 camera, but I have decided that will change soon..

I´ll just have to decide between Panasonic GF-1 and Olympus EP-2..
    Since I do a lot of street shooting, and like my 5D with 35f1.4 the most, I think Panny w. 20mm f/1.7 lens might do the trick for me.. Although the Olympus external viewfinder also seems like a good deal, especially since I´ll probably will add a couple of old manual focus Zenit lenses to the mix with an adaptor..

I feel that whichever camera I´ll choose, the 20mm f/1.7 panasonic lens will most definately be on the list..

Anyway, my back and neck tell me that it´s time to move on to lighter camera ;-)

I´m glad to find such a rich resource for M34 system and really looking forward to be part of this fine community!

rgds,
    Mika

• Like Like x 2
  2. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    they are both fine machines but the evf for the ep2 is superb but the evf for the gf1 is a low res affair good for framing but less helpful for manual focus

i own the ep1 and gf1 and enjoy them both , but if i had to choose between an ep1 and gf1
    based on the visual quality and utility of the electronic viewfinder id go for the ep2

i love that i can throw the small machine[ep1 or gf1] around my neck and shoot, my d 80 is an albatross only used for a specific assignment , not a grab and go machine

3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Welcome Mika and promise to let us know which camera you decide upon. I'll be looking forward to your photographs soon!

4. Bokeh Diem

Bokeh Diem Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 14, 2010
    Toronto
    Welcome!

Looking forward to some good sauna pictures.

Bokeh D

5. Mungozan

Mungozan Mu-43 Rookie

May 31, 2010
    Jyväskylä, Finland
    Thanks for the welcomes, I guess I´ll have to post some nice sauna pictures then later on ;-)

On gf1 vs. Ep-2: One factor is focusing, which I understand to be snappier on GF-1. That´s quite important, because I know, I will be using the cam most on situationals, where autofocus is critical.. We´ll see..

6. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

I'm sure that I can speak for all of us and say we'll be looking forward to those sauna pictures.:biggrin::tongue:

7. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome Mika. I shall be looking forward to your postings. Thanks for joining us.