Greetings from Finland

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by renni, Aug 19, 2012.

1. renni

renni New to Mu-43

Aug 18, 2012

Got my GX1 two weeks ago. Really a great little camera. Immediately swapped the kit lens for both the Sigma primes. They are a bit odd focal lengths but usable. Size, speed, image quality, all very good. Can't wait for Sigma to make more MFT lenses. 10-20 and 150-500 would be nice for starters.

So far I've been shooting mostly with Panasonic FZ8 and later my compact Canon S95. Still use it on some situations, like the Uriah Heep Legends gig yesterday. :)

Been shooting with Canon A-1 also and have some FD lenses. So obviously had to get the FD-adapter. After some quick experiences these seems quite usable, specially on the longer end. With the 400/4.5 + 2x converter I can see to the next zip zone. :biggrin:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. CarlB

CarlB Mu-43 Veteran

Hey Renni, tervehdys Suomi!

Post some of those pics with the FD and Sigma lenses, would love to see them. And of course some the great cities and countryside of Finland. :)

I have an old FD 50mm 1.4 that lends a great look to its pictures, love that lens.

I've thought about a GX1 a lot, seems a great combination of size to "punch."

Can't recommend an EVF highly enough, there are shots I just can't get without one. Give one a shot when you get a chance.
  3. kevwilfoto

kevwilfoto Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 23, 2011
    Welcome! I'm looking forward to seeing your images.
  4. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Welcome Renni and hope to see some pics from you .
  5. renni

renni New to Mu-43

Aug 18, 2012
  6. CarlB

CarlB Mu-43 Veteran

Love that band! They look like they'd be heckuva lot of fun. :)

Nice limited light shots, always a compromise between shutter speed (and possible movement blur) versus sensor noise ... Good choices made here, I'd say.
  7. Vivalo

Vivalo Olympus Loser

Nov 16, 2010
    Tervetuloa renni! Kiva saada suomalaisvahvistuksia, vaikka kyllä meitä täällä jo useampikin taitaa olla.

This must be the most kind/helpful forum on the Internet. I hope to see your images. I must admit that I have been quite lazy to upload mine lately. :redface:

8. nianys

nianys Mu-43 Regular

My husband took our family to Finland last January and we just fell in love...

Can't wait to go back next winter !!

Welcome, fellow GX-1 user (I'm an addict of this cam). If you don't have it yet try to get the PL25, it's m4/3 best lens, by far ;)
  9. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Welcome! I'm a big fan of Uriah Heep and have been for years - which pretty much gives away my age.:biggrin: Looking forward to seeing some of your photos.