1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Greetings from Dublin

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Akvavit, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Akvavit

Akvavit Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 19, 2012
    Dublin
    I was told when I was a kid, that is it polite to introduce yourself when you enter a room - and i guess that goes for the virtual rooms too?

Born in Denmark back in '82, living in Dublin for the last few years. About 4-5 years ago I was an avid hobby photographer, but time was limited. I have decided to get back on that horse, though with the twist that I will only use the current wave of small interchangeable lens cameras. My problem back in the dSLR days, was that I never had the camera on me, when the amazing things happened - I hope to be able to change that with my recent order of a Olympus E-PM1.

I can almost guarantee that you will see several posts related to my bargain hunting.

/Akvavit

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Welcome Akvavit
    This is a wonderful place to hang around if u have MFT cameras . This format has huge potential and many people just underestimate .The Olympus EPM1 is a little wonderful camera and U will love it . Now a have a few suggestions .If ur budget permits ..
    1) Get rid of ur kit lens
    2) Buy Panny 20 mm 1.7 and Olympus 45 mm 1.8
    These are two absolutely stunning lenses and a real value for money .
    Here are some pics from my Olympus EPL2 and 45mm 1.8 which I often use to seduce people to buy this lens ..

https://www.mu-43.com/f57/caution-if-you-see-thread-u-might-poorer-usd399-soon-19671/

3. Akvavit

Akvavit Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 19, 2012
    Dublin
    Thank you very much for the kind welcome.

I have been looking at the 20 mm, but will now SERIOUSLY consider the 45!

In the days to come - I will start a thread somewhere - as I have decided to go all "Dogme" in my approach to pictures this time around - and I will most certainly need lots of feedback for you guys.