Greetings from DownUnderDog

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by DownUnderDog, Feb 8, 2010.

1. DownUnderDog

DownUnderDog Mu-43 Regular

Hello from another Aussie.
    I joined this user group after buying a Panasonic G1 and 2 lens kit. After 42 years working in Professional photography I am retiring and needed a compact but capable camera for my travel pix. After reading Michael Riechman's review (www.luminous-landscape.com) I knew the 4/3rds format was just what I'd been looking for. My career started with 4x5 speed graphics, then ELM and CM blads, and finally Canon 1d's. All heavyweight cameras to say the least. So to find an exciting new light weight format with tremendous versatility and such a small size I just had to have one. I am an avid panoramic photographer, and the G1 will suit this work, especially with the tripod mount dead centre of the sensor. I will download some pix soon, and look forward to hearing from other users. I hope this format becomes more popular, and other camera makers join in. Personally I live east of Melbourne in a farming community, and as we are in the middle of a very dry hot summer photo opportunities are scarce.
    Cheers from DownUnderDog (a.k.a. DUD):2thumbs:

• Like Like x 6
  2. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    Cheers Mate, Welcome

Look forward to seeing some pixs from another one of our "colonies"

3. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi Dud, and welcome to the home of m4/3rds :2thumbs:

The G1 is terrific for use on a tripod - I find the articulating screen to be idea for composition. Looking forward to seeing your work!

Cheers

Brian

4. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Really looking forward to seeing your photos, Down Under Dog heretofore to be called DUD. I'd love to know how you found your way here, when you have a chance.

6. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
    [​IMG]

Just so you'll feel at home..... :)

[​IMG]

Pany G1 with Minolta MD 45/2

• Like Like x 2
  7. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator Moderator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Welcome to the forum, DUD! I love the international nature of our forum. Hope to see some photos from east of Melbourne before long!

8. deckitout

deckitout Mu-43 Veteran Charter Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Essex UK
    Welcome from downunder...you'll like it here

9. DownUnderDog

DownUnderDog Mu-43 Regular

Thanks BBW

I found this site from a link at "TOP" The Online Photographer. I have recently brought a G1 and 14-45 zoom lens and 45-200 zoom lens. I am awaiting the post to deliver a pancake 20mm f1.7. I am excited about being part of a new "revolution" in photography. Keep up the good work to all associated with a great forum.
    Cheers
    DUD:biggrin:

10. Enrique

Enrique Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    spain
    Hi Dud, wellcome to this forum. A nice place. I´ll wait for your future post :smile:

11. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer Charter Member

Welcom DUD, great to see another Aussie on the forum! You'll sure like your 20mm panny, it's an extremely likeable lens.

Hope to see some pictures soon.
    :smile:

Iconindustries

12. kai.e.g.

kai.e.g. Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

Greetings, DownUnderDog... hope you get some rain soon!

13. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend Charter Member

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    Seems like the Australian contingent is growing all the time. :biggrin:

Cheers

Ray