Greetings from DownUnderDog

DownUnderDog

Mu-43 Regular
Hello from another Aussie.
I joined this user group after buying a Panasonic G1 and 2 lens kit. After 42 years working in Professional photography I am retiring and needed a compact but capable camera for my travel pix. After reading Michael Riechman's review (www.luminous-landscape.com) I knew the 4/3rds format was just what I'd been looking for. My career started with 4x5 speed graphics, then ELM and CM blads, and finally Canon 1d's. All heavyweight cameras to say the least. So to find an exciting new light weight format with tremendous versatility and such a small size I just had to have one. I am an avid panoramic photographer, and the G1 will suit this work, especially with the tripod mount dead centre of the sensor. I will download some pix soon, and look forward to hearing from other users. I hope this format becomes more popular, and other camera makers join in. Personally I live east of Melbourne in a farming community, and as we are in the middle of a very dry hot summer photo opportunities are scarce.
Cheers from DownUnderDog (a.k.a. DUD):2thumbs:

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
Cheers Mate, Welcome

Look forward to seeing some pixs from another one of our "colonies"

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Hi Dud, and welcome to the home of m4/3rds :2thumbs:

The G1 is terrific for use on a tripod - I find the articulating screen to be idea for composition. Looking forward to seeing your work!

Cheers

Brian

hodad66

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Just so you'll feel at home..... :)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Pany G1 with Minolta MD 45/2

Amin Sabet

Administrator
Welcome to the forum, DUD! I love the international nature of our forum. Hope to see some photos from east of Melbourne before long!

DownUnderDog

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks BBW

Really looking forward to seeing your photos, Down Under Dog heretofore to be called DUD. I'd love to know how you found your way here, when you have a chance.
I found this site from a link at "TOP" The Online Photographer. I have recently brought a G1 and 14-45 zoom lens and 45-200 zoom lens. I am awaiting the post to deliver a pancake 20mm f1.7. I am excited about being part of a new "revolution" in photography. Keep up the good work to all associated with a great forum.
Cheers
DUD:biggrin:

Enrique

Mu-43 Regular
Hi Dud, wellcome to this forum. A nice place. I´ll wait for your future post :smile:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom