1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Greetings from Down Under

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Dink, May 22, 2011.

1. Dink

Dink Mu-43 Rookie

May 22, 2011
    Australia
    Hi all,

I found this site some around the beginning of this year when my interest in these funny little cameras started.
    I bought a GF-2 a couple of months ago and must admit that I am having a huge amount of fun with it, got a few lenses to choose from now as well.

Like a lot of others it seems, I was attracted to this small system with interchangeable lenses as something different to my main system.
    I have a Nikon D700 and do quite a large amount of photography with that but was looking for something that was easier to carry around as I have discovered that I am quite a fan of street photography.

I think it appeals to the voyeur in all photographers. I haven't captured anything I am happy with sharing on the street as yet.
    I am in awe of some of the images that people here are able to capture and produce and am hoping that I can contribute something as well.

I am not the most verbose of posters on any of the forums that I belong to (this will probably be the most I ever post in one hit :smile: ) but I read voraciously.

Looking forward to sharing some images with you.

2. Hi Dink, glad to have another Aussie on board.

3. Pan Korop

Pan Korop Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 31, 2011
    Phare Ouest
    That's a side effect of Internet. You tuck all them convicts down under, think you're safe and voilĂ ! They're virtually back. In this board, it's an invasion.

Just remembering it's also the country of Mike Hailwood and Casey Stoner. OK, welcome aboard! :smile:

4. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Dink.