Greetings from Down Under

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Dink, May 22, 2011.

1. Dink

Dink Mu-43 Rookie

May 22, 2011
    Hi all,

I found this site some around the beginning of this year when my interest in these funny little cameras started.
    I bought a GF-2 a couple of months ago and must admit that I am having a huge amount of fun with it, got a few lenses to choose from now as well.

Like a lot of others it seems, I was attracted to this small system with interchangeable lenses as something different to my main system.
    I have a Nikon D700 and do quite a large amount of photography with that but was looking for something that was easier to carry around as I have discovered that I am quite a fan of street photography.

I think it appeals to the voyeur in all photographers. I haven't captured anything I am happy with sharing on the street as yet.
    I am in awe of some of the images that people here are able to capture and produce and am hoping that I can contribute something as well.

I am not the most verbose of posters on any of the forums that I belong to (this will probably be the most I ever post in one hit :smile: ) but I read voraciously.

Looking forward to sharing some images with you.
  2. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin .

Oct 9, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hi Dink, glad to have another Aussie on board.
  3. Pan Korop

Pan Korop Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 31, 2011
    Phare Ouest
    That's a side effect of Internet. You tuck all them convicts down under, think you're safe and voilĂ ! They're virtually back. In this board, it's an invasion.

Just remembering it's also the country of Mike Hailwood and Casey Stoner. OK, welcome aboard! :smile:
  4. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Dink.