1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Greetings from Chicago!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Rich_Young, May 9, 2010.

1. Rich_Young

Rich_Young New to Mu-43

May 9, 2010
    Chicago
    Hello all!

I am very excited to be part of this forum as I continue my photographic journey. I have been a member of DPReview for quite a number of years. And if you look at my profile and postings there, you will see that I have experimented with many different types of cameras. To be honest, I miss my first Nikon camera bought in 1985. It served me well, and I loved film. Since my forays into digital, I have never had that perfect fit...until now (fingers crossed) with my Olympus E-PL1. Heck, I even had the E-P1 and sold that since it was almost, but not quite what I was hoping for (at least re the lcd). Anyhow, I feel that the E-PL1 will serve my needs well and kick-start my muse again.

I guess that is what I am hoping to encounter here (no pressure, now!). I have lurked for a week or so, and I really appreciate the spirit of community and artistry present here. There is a sense of civility that I am happy to share in. I look forward to learning much and hopefully sharing a bit of what I have to offer, such as it is.

As you can see from my profile, I am a priest and a teacher. I enjoy photography as a spiritual exercise. I am even having my students (sophomore boys) record images and offer reflections on them with the beginning "The Kingdom of God is like..." I hope that providing photography as a tool for theology can be both fun and a stretch.

Finally, and I offer this for what it's worth, I am excited to share some of the philosophy of image recording. I have come upon the insight for myself that I do agree with many of the Indigenous who speak of photographers capturing their soul or spirit. Maybe that is what photography is in a sense, not necessarily capturing, but rather, breathing in the spirit of life through our eyes....as it reveals itself in light, shadow and color. Having never taken a photography course, I could be all wet, too.....so you decide...and please be gentle!

Anyhow, it is good to be here, and I look forward to the day when I can share some images and conversation with all of you in the very near future.

Peace,
    Rich

• Like Like x 1
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Rich, thank you very much for your thoughtful introduction and welcome! I'll be looking forward to seeing some of your photographs.:biggrin:

3. Rich_Young

Rich_Young New to Mu-43

May 9, 2010
    Chicago
    Thanks!

Thanks so much for the kind words of welcome!

4. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
    [​IMG][/url][/IMG]

5. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome Rich ! Great to have you here.

6. Rich_Young

Rich_Young New to Mu-43

May 9, 2010
    Chicago
    Thanks HODAD66 and Herman! Good to be here!

7. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    i wish i was young and rich like you .....lol anyway cheers and a hearty welcome from nyc

ep1 gf1 ricoh gx 200 nikond80

8. Rich_Young

Rich_Young New to Mu-43

May 9, 2010
    Chicago
    I wish!

Rich and Young only in name....heck, I am a noun made from two adjectives!
    Anyhow, thanks for the welcome. I enjoy what I am reading here. Haven't had too much time to go take pics with grading papers and all. But maybe I will have time this weekend to share a bit. I really enjoy the conversations and the images presented here.

Peace!

Poor old Rich Young :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.