Greetings from Central California

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Mogul, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Mogul

Mogul Mu-43 Regular

Nov 9, 2012
    Hello to all. My "name" is Mogul. This has nothing to do with either my financial status or my skill at Monopoly. In addition to photography, I have a passion for trains. Mogul happens to refer to the wheel arrangement on one of my favorite "toys", a full-size 1873 locomotive (currently in a local museum). At this time, i have no Micro 4/3 gear, but am hopeful of obtaining a body, lenses and related gear in the near future. I look forward to learning from the members of this forum. Thank you.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Nonnit

Nonnit Mu-43 Regular

Oct 19, 2012
    I just started in M43, cheap body (used G1) some lenses (oly 45 - samyang 7,5) and I like the results!
  3. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello Mogul and welcome - lots of good info and advice here.
  4. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Hi Mogul!

Welcome aboard.

5. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    Welcome aboard Mogul. Collecting full size trains is ... well astounding and just cool. Here's an image I took, of a collector who built a station and platform in his backyard.

PS- As you have yet to acquire a ยต4/3 camera, feel free to ask questions about the right camera for your needs and desires. While I doubt you'll receive a unanimous opinion from the forum members, you'll at least get a lot of information and pointed in the right direction.
  6. Bob T

Bob T Mu-43 Regular

Nov 8, 2012
    Carol Stream, IL
    Seriously? You own your own steam engine?
    How cool is that!!:cool:

Of course you must post pictures of said engine...:smile:
  7. Mogul

Mogul Mu-43 Regular

Nov 9, 2012
    Whoa! Let me back up. I do not collect or own any railroad gear. I deeply apologize for the misunderstanding. It is true that I have a passion for railroads and trains. I grew up in a railroad town and spent much of my youth hanging around the yard. But now I indulge my passion as a very active docent at a museum and, whenever possible, a member of a local railroad crew. I also take (generally horrible) pictures of just about anything having to do with the railroad. The engine for which I expressed a special affection is the V&TRR #13 Empire, a beautifully restored 2-6-0 (designated as a Mogul, hence the user name).

I have just ordered a Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 kit, which I hope to be the basis of a "needs specific" kit. I can't handle a DSLR because of weakness in my right arm.

I thank you for your welcome and offers, and again apologize for having misled anyone.
  8. aragorn1980

aragorn1980 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 10, 2012
    Athens Greece
    Hi Mogul!Welcome to the forum!
  9. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Welcome Mogul, great place to learn about all things :43:. :cool: