1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Greetings from Boise Idaho USA!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by dbledsoe, May 28, 2010.

1. dbledsoe

dbledsoe Mu-43 Rookie

May 28, 2010
    I stumbled upon mu-43.com doing a Google and must say it is a very nice web site with tons of great information. I look forward to sharing in the fun with all of you.

I came to u4/3rds cameras from Olympus and Panasonic 4/3rds cameras. My original goal for wanting a u4/3rds camera was so I could use my collection of Leica & CV M and LTM lenses. I bought the EPL1 because it was a u4/3rds camera that finally came into my price range, after all I really only wanted the body. What a surprise I was in for. It has the best image quality of any 4/3rds camera I own. After using it for a couple months, mostly with the kit lens and some Leica lenses, I decided to add the Oly 17/2.8. What a dandy little lens that is. It stays on the EPL1 99% of the time now and is such a compact package it goes just about everywhere with me.

I posted a pic of my EPL1 with my 1932 vintage Leica 73mm f/1.9 Hektor lens attached in the "Show your adapted cameras" thread. That's almost 80 years of backwards compatibility! I love the EPL1, but you probably already figured that out.:wink:

Don

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bokeh Diem

Bokeh Diem Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 14, 2010
    Toronto
    "I feel a little uncomfortable about endorsements."
    Geddy Lee

LOL

Welcome!

Bokeh Diem

3. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Welcome here!

4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Don, love your introduction! Welcome aboard and glad you stumbled in.:wink:

5. dbledsoe

dbledsoe Mu-43 Rookie

May 28, 2010
    Bokeh Diem,

Great handle!

Thank you for the welcome and the comment on my EPL1/73 Hektor image post. What a drag that you missed on the C-mount Hugo Meyer lens (truly a rae find) but hang in there. It took me years of searching to finally find a Leica 73mm f/1.9 Hektor in reasonable condition at a price I could actually afford.

Oh yes, Geedy Lee, another great Canadian performer and fabulous guitarist.

Don

6. dbledsoe

dbledsoe Mu-43 Rookie

May 28, 2010
    Alf,

Thank you!

Don

7. dbledsoe

dbledsoe Mu-43 Rookie

May 28, 2010
    BBW,

Thank you for the warm welcome.

I must confess I am a camera junkie first, and an amateur photographer second i.e., I probably won't have a lot of gorgeous photos in my gallery but still I will expand it as I get more time under my belt with my EPL1.

For now my gallery will be more equipment oriented since that is my first love (the history of cameras and using vintage lenses on my EPL1.. or any digital camera fascinates me). Be that as it may, I have taken some nice photos in my time and will post some to my gallery here, but that assumes it is OK to post photos not taken with a u4/3rds camera (I must confess that I was so excited to find this web site that I registered after only speed reading the Terms of Service Agreement... and I am not a very good speed reader:tongue:) Most of them, for now, will have been taken with vintage Leica lenses adapted to everything from an old (old is subjective in the digital age) Canon D30 (not 30D) year 2000 vintage 3.1mp DSLR to my current love, the EPL1. Some will simply be what I have seen in everyday life, regardless of the camera used (that pertains to my older photos). New photos will be taken with my EPL1 or updates in u4/3rds cameras as they mature.

I hope that is acceptable here. If not I will modify my gallery to reflect only u4/3rds camera use if that is required for compliance with the ToS.

I have added some photos of the "once-in-a-lifetime" ride I took in a WWII B17 bomber, which reminds me... in too many forums folks seem reluctant to post pics of their self, something I have never understood. To me it is always wonderful to not only put a name with a face, but to put that face in the perspective of their everyday life's experience, and so I post.

Don

8. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello Don - recognise you from the 4/3 forum - you'll like it here.

9. dbledsoe

dbledsoe Mu-43 Rookie

May 28, 2010
    Hello Bill,

Thank you for the welcome. This seems like a great place to be.

Best regards,
    Don

10. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

G'day Don. Welcome man, to the elite club of Photographers!:rofl:

I'm gonna check out your aircraft shots now as i enjoy a bit of WW2 history and the like. Favourite WW2 pilots of mine are Douglas Bader and Jim Wallace. Incredible stories.

icon

11. Iconindustries

Don, those B17 bomber images are excellent and need more recognition. Would you like to make up a thread and post them in it. They will be more widely seen that way. They're worth it.

kind regards,

icon

12. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome here !

13. ChristopheG

ChristopheG Mu-43 Regular

Jun 4, 2010
    Hi
    I am Christophe G from Paris, I am a Photographer Marriage France. Photography is the hobby and profession. I am feeling very nice to join this mu-43. I think I can share various technique and ideas of photography with you. Thanks

14. Iconindustries

Giday Christophe, greetings and welcome to the forum. What camera do you shoot with?
    I'd love to see some of your photos in the future!

icon

15. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    welcome from nyc