Greetings from Bel Air, MD

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by shuber182, Jul 8, 2010.

1. shuber182

shuber182 New to Mu-43

Jul 8, 2010
    Bel Air, MD
    I recently sold off all my Nikon DSLR equipment (D700, 24-70, etc.) and have gone to micro 4/3 only. I am constantly impressed with the quality of the images and the light weight of the equipment. I have realized that this system puts the fun back into photography and allows more creativity due to its light weight and small form factor. This user group has impressed me as I lurked around for a while so here I am.

E-PL1, E-P2, Panasonic G2, lots of glass and a few OM primes. :thumbup:

Scott - Bel Air, Maryland
    • Like Like x 2
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Hey, Scott, thanks for de-lurking and for taking the time to introduce yourself.:thumbup: You've got a great collection of cameras and I really do look forward to hearing what you think about each and seeing your photos from them as well.

We could really use some more feedback on that G2 for starters...not to be too pushy or anything.:wink:

I'm interested to hear what drew you to each camera, as I'm sure they all have their special enticements.
  3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Welcome Scott! I sold off the same Nikon camera and lens after picking up my MFT gear :wink:. Hope you enjoy the site!
  4. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello Scott, welcome here !
  5. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Hello and Welcome Scott :friends:

Hope you will stick around and share your experience and images :2thumbs:

6. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Scott - like you I've switched from 4/3 to micro 4/3 and loving it.
  7. shuber182

shuber182 New to Mu-43

Jul 8, 2010
    Bel Air, MD
    Thanks for the Welcome !!

Thanks everyone for the nice welcome to the group. Yes, my days of lugging around full size DSLR gear ended about 3 months ago. I realized that I was not using it to its full potential due to the weight and associated costs for good glass (D700 with 2.8 Nikkors etc. got to be a little much). That's when I started looking into the M4/3 format. I am amazed at the IQ that this system is capable of producing. I have also learned to enjoy using the rear LCD for composing as opposed to viewing through the viewfinder all the time. It reminds me of my good old days using a 4x5 view camera and composing on the ground glass. All in all and dollar for dollar, I have found this format and its equipment has given me the freedom and rebirth of photography I needed. Thanks again for the welcome and look forward to contributing to the site as I find it to be a great source of information and motivation.

Scott :dance3:
    • Like Like x 2