Greetings from Bangkok

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by thatp, May 27, 2010.

1. thatp

thatp Mu-43 Rookie

May 27, 2010
    Bangkok
    Hello everyone,

As a newcomer to micro 4/3 system and an E-P2 user, I count myself lucky for stumbling upon this website and found a community of friendly and knowledgeable people, who are as enthusiastic about the techie stuff as they are passionate about the photographic art. I hope to learn a lot more.

2. amaimani

amaimani Mu-43 Rookie

May 26, 2010
    Oman
    welcome thatp tot he forum.. I have joined this week the forum, and am enjoying the warm welcome, and the nice advices that are available here. I am using the same camera as yours.. It is fantastic camera. I suggest you look at the sticky stuff link on E-P2 https://www.mu-43.com/f42/olympus-e-p2-quick-start-part-1-a-586/. It will teach you all what you need about the camera.. Brian has done fantastic job on posting the helpful, life saving videos.
    Welcome, and enjoy surfing

• Like Like x 2
  3. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome here ! Nice you joined us !

4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

thatp, so glad you stumbled upon mu-43.com - and I felt the same way when I discovered it, too. You're right about that nice mixture, and I hope we shall always retain a very strong emphasis on the artistic. Welcome aboard and I look forward to your involvement.:biggrin:

5. thatp

thatp Mu-43 Rookie

May 27, 2010
    Bangkok
    Photo from Bangkok

Thanks Amaimami, Herman, BBW for your warm welcomes.

I feel at home already. Indeed at home enough to be posting my first photo.

As many of you may have already been aware of. My city, Bangkok, is just starting to recover from one of its most traumatic episodes in recent history.

This photo, taken the morning after the 19 May 2010 rioting in downtown Bangkok, shows what was left of Siam Theatre, which used to be one of the glitziest movie theatres in town.

[​IMG]

6. thatp

thatp Mu-43 Rookie

May 27, 2010
    Bangkok
    Amaimani,

Thank you for the pointer. Yes, I have checked out the first few instalments of Brian's videos. Extremely helpful for clumsy new E-P2 user like me.
    By the way, I was told that you have incredibly beautiful sand dunes in Oman. Perhaps you want to upload some of those pictures sometime?

7. amaimani

amaimani Mu-43 Rookie

May 26, 2010
    Oman
    Hi thatp,

At the moment I am on holidays in Portugal. This is my 2nd home after Oman. Thanks for lovely words about Oman. I promise I will be posting some of those Sand dune shots once I am back to Oman. Meanwhile, you can visit my site to check out some of my work there.

8. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome thatp.