Greetings from Ballard WA!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by BruPri, Apr 13, 2010.

1. BruPri

BruPri Mu-43 Regular

Apr 13, 2010
    (Mr. Pritchard makes his way to the front of the room and steps up to the micropone) "Hello, my name is Bruce and I have a photography problem..."
    I guess I'll need to enroll in a 12 f-stop program so I can better focus on my depleted finances. (The jokes fell as flat as the paper he was reading from, and thus ended this lame introductory piece)

Have a Canon S-90 which is wonderful and the reason I joined, is I just purchased an E-P1 with the 17mm pancake and stock 14-42 lens. Even though I'm certifiably a gadget guy with a generous side of upgrade-itis to go along with that, I have absolutely no plans to upgrade, I'm more than happy to just enjoy the camera and keep clicking till all the buttons eventually fall off which I trust is no time soon. I would like to get some other glass though, I'll keep my ear to the rail for any interesting used pieces that might be of interest.
    Thanks for listening,
    yer pal
    • Like Like x 2
  2. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
  3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Welcome Bruce, Mr. Pritchard, and thanks for your introduction!:biggrin: I've heard some very good things about that Canon S90, but you're here for the E-P1 which we all know is a super camera. There are quite a few threads on different lenses, as well as some that are devoted to photos taken with them - and don't forget to check out the Reviews tab up a the top of the page to check out if anyone has taken the time to post their personal review of one of the lenses you might be considering.

Glad to have you aboard and I look forward to your involvement in the discussions - and to seeing some of your photos with that E-P1, too.:thumbup:
    • Like Like x 1
  4. chuckgoolsbee

chuckgoolsbee Mu-43 Regular

Apr 6, 2010
    Bend, Oregon
    Welcome Neighbor! I'm 50-some miles north of you, and am a former Ballard resident myself, having lived on the sunrise-side of Sunset Hell through the 80s and 90s.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome Bruce !
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Enrique

Enrique Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    Wellcome Bruce¬°¬°:smile:
    • Like Like x 1
  7. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Bruce. I now have worked out that WA is Washington, not Western Australia. It has let me buy (downloads) from the US a few times as a 'resident'.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. BruPri

BruPri Mu-43 Regular

Apr 13, 2010
    It's great to be here and a question, I've tried the search function, and either my query was vague or too particular, however if someone could kindly push me in the right direction.

I just picked up a Novoflex m4/3 to Nikon adapter and a Nikkor 50mm 1:1.4 and wanted to hear from anyone with the same setup, what their E-P1 settings looked like.

Any guidance appreciated!

Thanks much,
    Bruce "Mr. Pritchard" Pritchard
  9. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi Bruce, welcome... you've found the right place to be! :friends:

With your gift for writing, and desire to wear your E-P1 out (trust me, it takes a beating! :wink:) - it would be great if you would consider joining our PAD Project.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Hi Bruce. I'm brand new here too. Live in the Philly area now, but lived in the Puget Sound area mostly from '76-'92. My wife and I bought our first house just north of Ballard on 11th between 77th and 80th. Also lived downtown for a while before, and Redmond for a while after. I love it here, but I miss Seattle a lot too.