1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Greetings, Fellow Shooters!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by osamasidat, Aug 27, 2012.

1. osamasidat

osamasidat Mu-43 Regular

Aug 26, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Osama Sidat
    Hi!

I'm Osama, currently doing my undergrad in Computer Science at the University of Waterloo.

I recently entered the Micro Four-Thirds arena with an Olympus OM-D E-M5, after five years of building up my Sony Alpha system, based around Sony's first DSLR, the A100. I figured that my system had grown quite large, and rather heavy to lug around, so I decided to start anew, focusing primarily on primes, and more on quality than quantity or variety. I considered the Sony NEX system for a while, but the absence of a few features in even the flagship model turned me towards the E-M5 and the M4/3 system.

In the last few days, I've been putting together my M4/3 system, which currently consists of the Oly 12-50mm kit lens (got it for the weather-sealing and as an all-round lens), an m42 screwmount Pentax Takumar 55mm f/1.8, and a Nikon AI 135mm f/2.8 (waiting to test this out, since I don't have an adapter - yet). I'm also planning to put my Minolta 50mm f/2.8 Macro to good use once I get back from vacations. I am hoping to purchase a 20mm to 25mm M4/3 prime soon (waiting for Photokina, since I read rumors about an Oly 25mm or a 2nd generation of the tried and tested Pany 20mm).

Check out my Flickr stream: Flickr: OsamaSidat's Photostream

Currently, I am doing a Project 365, with my HTC One S. Check it out at https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4205599148230.2174797.1532445712&type=3&l=7f7a9d1c4a

Finally (yeah, there's more of me :tongue: ), I maintain a blog (though the posts are rather sporadic and more random than I'd like).
    Osama's Blog

I have a feeling I'll enjoy this forum!

Cheers!

2. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez
    welcome aboard.....

I actually need more lenses for my Sony A65, I love that camera.

3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome to the forum - I like your 365 project!

4. Loksi

Loksi Mu-43 Regular

Aug 1, 2010
    Sydney
    Ross
    Hi Osama, and welcome! Nice to read your blog and see some of your images via the links .... lovely cats in your house, btw :smile:

Ross

5. osamasidat

osamasidat Mu-43 Regular

Aug 26, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Osama Sidat
    Lucille: I haven't used any Carl Zeiss or Sony G class lenses on my A100, but the two lenses that I feel are highly under-appreciated and perform way beyond their price are the Sony 55-200mm and my personal favorite, the little Sony 50mm f/1.8. I haven't used my 55-200mm more than maybe six times over the past two years, but each time, it has performed admirably and given results that I did not anticipate. As for the 50mm, I ended up choosing it over the Minolta 50mm f/1.4, due to its beautiful color rendition and quicker (and quieter) auto-focus.

Ross, Bob: Thanks for the appreciation :smile: