Greetings all...n00b from Vaughan/Toronto, ON

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by AgentRaj, Dec 21, 2012.

1. AgentRaj

AgentRaj Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 18, 2012
    Vaughan, ON
    Hello all,

After reading and re-reading several sites over last 5-6 months, I finally decided to invest in m4/3...I am very new to photography and have had 2 P & S cameras prior to this.

I bought an Olympus E-PL5 (black) from Henry's (Vaughan, ON). They matched the discounted rate from

My two main uses will be taking pics of my two young kids and short videos for my real estate blog/site (under development). Being a Realtor, I will also use the camera to take pics of homes.

I only have the kit lens (14-42) for now but will invest in more lenses as I better understand photography.

For now, I am reading this site and few others to start with basics of photo/videography...
  2. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Welcome aboard!

You'll find lots of information on this forum.

3. IcemanYVR

IcemanYVR Mu-43 Regular

Nov 16, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    Welcome to the forum from a fellow Canuck, albiet from the Best Coast :wink:
  4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Welcome to the site! A great place to learn and share! :cool:
  5. aragorn1980

aragorn1980 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 10, 2012
    Athens Greece
    Welcome to the forum!
  6. AgentRaj

AgentRaj Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 18, 2012
    Vaughan, ON
    Thanks all...

@IcemanYVR...never been to that coast...will be there in May 2013 for 1st time...

I've had the camera for 1.5 weeks but just opened it up yesterday...seems overwhelming moving from an old Point and Shoot...I'm sure it'll be more fun once I learn more about my camera and photo/videography in general...