1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Greeting from Kansas City, Missouri USA

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by rezoguitar, Jul 15, 2014.

1. rezoguitar

rezoguitar New to Mu-43

Jul 15, 2014
    Hi everyone from the American Midwest.

Trying to move my skills and equipment in the upward direction! I've been using a Canon G16 for the last six months to learn to shoot in RAW and manual mode.

Purchased an Em10, the grip, the 12-40, and the 40-150. The EM10 was in competition with the Fuji XE2. After reading every thread I could find I went Oly because:

- Way too many conversations and arguments over Lightroom processing the Xtran sensor and I didn't need that.

- This forum was far above many others for the quality of the discussions.

- The Native Lense Showcase!!!!! Goodness there are talented folks here that take just superb photographs...
    Whenever I read someone on a different forum not liking or disparaging a lens in the m43 family, I just go to the Showcase Forums and look at dozens and dozens of terrific photos using that lens to get a reality check.

2. WendyK

WendyK Super Moderator

Feb 28, 2014
    Northern Virginia
    Wendy
    Welcome! We have some things in common - I bought an E-M10 and a few lenses (including the two you have) in order to improve my skills and to replace an elderly hand-me-down Canon. I also grew up in the KC area. You have made a great choice. I still have a lot to learn but my photos have improved a lot in just a few months. Lots of very helpful and inspiring photographers here.