Greeting from Kansas City, Missouri USA

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by rezoguitar, Jul 15, 2014.

1. rezoguitar

rezoguitar New to Mu-43

Jul 15, 2014
    Hi everyone from the American Midwest.

Trying to move my skills and equipment in the upward direction! I've been using a Canon G16 for the last six months to learn to shoot in RAW and manual mode.

Purchased an Em10, the grip, the 12-40, and the 40-150. The EM10 was in competition with the Fuji XE2. After reading every thread I could find I went Oly because:

- Way too many conversations and arguments over Lightroom processing the Xtran sensor and I didn't need that.

- This forum was far above many others for the quality of the discussions.

- The Native Lense Showcase!!!!! Goodness there are talented folks here that take just superb photographs...
    Whenever I read someone on a different forum not liking or disparaging a lens in the m43 family, I just go to the Showcase Forums and look at dozens and dozens of terrific photos using that lens to get a reality check.
  2. WendyK

WendyK Super Moderator

Feb 28, 2014
    Northern Virginia
    Welcome! We have some things in common - I bought an E-M10 and a few lenses (including the two you have) in order to improve my skills and to replace an elderly hand-me-down Canon. I also grew up in the KC area. You have made a great choice. I still have a lot to learn but my photos have improved a lot in just a few months. Lots of very helpful and inspiring photographers here.