Greeting from jakarta

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by yoshi, Mar 30, 2011.

1. yoshi

yoshi Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 29, 2011
    Hi everyone, delighted to find this website.

I am new to 4/3 system. Have been using Sony/Minolta SLR since the old days of Minolta X-700. Still consider myself newbie though :redface:

Hope to learn a lot from many experts here. Just bought Olympus E-PL2 (14-42mm & 40-150mm lens) and already loving it.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. HappyEisentrout

HappyEisentrout Mu-43 Regular

Mar 6, 2011
    Sandusky, OH
    Welcome. I just joined not too long ago and the community here is great. I use an E-PL1 and I also have a Minolta SRT 101 as a side project.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello yoshi and welcome from a southern neighbour.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Welcome, yoshi! It looks to me as though you've already made yourself right at home! Please post some of your photographs from that E-PL2, soon!:biggrin:
  5. ill_dawg

ill_dawg Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2010
    Welcome! where in Jakarta are you? I'm living in Kelapa Gading. I've only seen a couple other pen users around town, maybe one of them was you. You probably already know this, but you can get adapters for your old lenses at pretty reasonable prices at the mall on the end of Pasar Baru.

Enjoy your e-pl1
  6. yoshi

yoshi Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 29, 2011
    Hi there. Glad to know someone from the same town. Well if you see someone taking a long time to get a shot, that's probably me :wink:

I just found out adapter for my old minolta lenses from website but it was out of stock. Will check at Pasar Baru. It's the old mall with all the camera shops right? Been there a couple of times.
  7. Antozone

Antozone Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 18, 2010
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Hi yoshi & ill_dawg.. I'm living near Salemba..
    Do you know that on April 9, we will have "PEN" user gathering at Mall Kelapa Gading 3?
    Please join PEN-ATICS group on facebook..