Greentoe EM-1 iii $1300.

PhotoCal

Mu-43 Veteran
That's the price with the Olympus trade-in program, so it's not a tremendous deal right now. It's a fair price.

I've used Greentoe a few times but not as much lately. Delivery has been very erratic. In general, merchants won't be in a hurry when there isn't as much profit to be made.

I hope it's a smooth transaction for you. The EM1.3 seems like a fine camera.

Last edited:
Is that a new US market camera with US warranty? If so that's awesome. I was just looking at the trade up trade in this morning on Olympus website and it says $1799 normal, $1699 with $100 instant rebate, $1499 after $200 trade in bonus (then subtract whatever the trade value is).
edit
Forgot to mention that the state sales tax goes on top of that which is just over $100 for me. So $1300 tax included seems like a great deal. I also want it for improved eye-AF and ability to select which face.

Yes, Greentoe only sells legit (no grey market) stuff and prices include everything. Have gotten lucky on EM1.2 and a Sony lens thru them. A lot depends on which merchant picks up your order though. I was in WA when the state was already charging tax for Bhphotovideo and Adorama but vendors that shipped my order via Greentoe were still tax free.

Yes, Greentoe only sells legit (no grey market) stuff and prices include everything. Have gotten lucky on EM1.2 and a Sony lens thru them. A lot depends on which merchant picks up your order though. I was in WA when the state was already charging tax for Bhphotovideo and Adorama but vendors that shipped my order via Greentoe were still tax free.
Thanks for that feedback because I'd never heard of them. I'm not in a huge rush so this seems like an interesting possibility since there's not guarantee an offer is accepted. Now to just convince the wife!

Enoch

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Enoch Haven
Is that a new US market camera with US warranty? If so that's awesome. I was just looking at the trade up trade in this morning on Olympus website and it says $1799 normal, $1699 with $100 instant rebate, $1499 after $200 trade in bonus (then subtract whatever the trade value is).
edit
Forgot to mention that the state sales tax goes on top of that which is just over $100 for me. So $1300 tax included seems like a great deal. I also want it for improved eye-AF and ability to select which face.
Yes, all taxes included. My card was charged exactly $1300, and the seller I was given is a US seller with a online presence. If I have any problems I will report here, but so far everything has been legit.

PhotoCal

Mu-43 Veteran
Greentoe merchants may not collect the taxes.
However, you are obligated to pay the tax when you file your tax return, if required by your state.
Greentoe's web statement only discusses merchant disclosures to the buyer. It doesn't mention the buyer's responsibility to their state.

Enoch

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Enoch Haven
Camera arrived in new condition, though it came in a box that had the 12-40 lens (which I didn't buy) removed. Interestingly, they forgot to remove the lens hood, so I have an extra hood now for my 12-40. :)

Real Name
Jeff
Camera arrived in new condition, though it came in a box that had the 12-40 lens (which I didn't buy) removed. Interestingly, they forgot to remove the lens hood, so I have an extra hood now for my 12-40. :)
Leave it in a nice safe place, so you'll have it when your current hood explodes :D

Phocal

Mu-43 Legend
Let me get this straight. You bought a new camera that came in the box of a lens?

Actually, they don't "sell" anything. They're just a broker.

You make an offer, and they relay that to a number of sellers, who then accept or counter.
Was referring to their own wording.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom