Greeetings from the Cheddarsphere

Bill E. Pilgrim

Mu-43 Rookie
Hello all. I'm a long time photographer new to micro 4/3. Started shooting with my dad's Retina as a kid back in '66. Worked in a photo lab as a high school student '72-'74, shooting with a Mamiya-Sekor 1000DTL. Went to Nikon a few years later. Had a F3 and FM2n and a bunch of nice glass which I liquidated about 8 years ago, while it was still worth something. Suffered with a 35mm point and shoot for a few years, got into digital with a Nikon P80. Micro 4/3 caught my eye when it hit the market.

Took the plunge last week with a GX1, LVF2, 14-42 and a 45-150. It sure is nice to have a serious camera again, I'm really pleased with my new gear.

I've been looking around here for a few days, this is a great forum and I look forward to hanging out with you folks.

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Real Name
Steve
Welcome. Wow, a Retina. That beats my SP500 by a few years. You'll like mu43; it's getting to be a reasonably mature system.

Bill E. Pilgrim

Mu-43 Rookie
My dad bought the Retina IIa in the navy, 1951. Dad's gone but we still have the camera. Works fine, but probably could use a CLA. I should shoot a roll with it one of these days.

Bill E. Pilgrim

Mu-43 Rookie
Thanks, guys. I've been working overtime lately and haven't spent as much time with my new camera as I'd like. Got to dig into the owners manual and try some things today and every minute spent convinces me that my decision to go mu43 was a good one.

A new bag and tripod arrived this week, some of my overtime dough will be set aside fore a couple more lenses. And so it goes..

Latest threads

Top Bottom