greatings all~

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by bedojo, Mar 14, 2011.

1. bedojo

bedojo Mu-43 Regular

Mar 14, 2011
    Hi, i guess i should do an intro thread.
    I am not to sure why i am here... never planned on getting a :43: but ended up getting one.
    1st. i shoot with a canon 7D
    i was on ebay and just put in a low bid on a body only Olympus ep1, after and got it lol...
    I then did some quick research and found everyone raving about the 20mm 1.7, so i got one them also.
    and one the sweet leatherette skins :p
    both are in the mail.
    i guess it is good this happened as i am on my way to California for spring break and will be bringing the ep1.
    I figure the :43: will be alot more portable then my 7D and backpack full of lenses :p.
    If it works out good i might keep it and sell my ef17-40 L and pick up a sigma 30mm i been looking at...
    if it doesn't work to well as a walk around i will be selling it and probably my 17-40L for a 30mm and 85mm. only reason i have the 17-40L is for a walk around lens @.@

depending on how well it works is there any good compact zooms for this camera, i read a lot about the 14-42mm sucks.
    not really looking to hard at legacy lens, unless it somewhat compact, only reason for me to keep this camera is for the portability of it, as i got my 7D for more work kind of stuff.
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Welcome aboard!

You'll enjoy it here, lots of friendly helpful folks. There's some talent here too.

Cheers from New England!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello bedojo and welcome to the forum.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Welcome and hello from Scotland :smile:That's a sweet camera and lens combo you've bought there. I'll be very interested in hearing what you think of it when you've had time to take it for a good run!

All the best,

5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

bedojo, congrats on your E-P1. The kit lens does not "suck" and many are happy to have it. I hope you'll find your way to enjoying your adapted lenses and suggest you try out the 9-18mm and some others, depending upon your interests.
  6. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin .

Oct 9, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Welcome. You have a very nice existing camera setup so there will be no excuse not to use it to show off your new E-P1 here. :smile:
  7. LisaO

LisaO Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 18, 2010
    New York Metro Area
    Welcome Bedojo! I'm a Canon and M4/3 shooter too.
  8. mauve

mauve Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2010
    Paris, France
    Well, the MkI kit zoom of the e-p1 is not a constant aperture pro zoom, but as far as kit zooms go, it's not the worst to have. It fares as well as Pentax base zoom (18-55), IMHO. The main interest is it's fairly pocketable once retracted, so you can have it around anytime, for just those few shot when you can't physically get where you would need with the 20.

If you're in for a bit better quality, the Panasonic 14-45 of 1st generation is a notch sharper, but bigger. As a result, it's much sought after and somewhat difficult to come by. Current Pany kit zoom have no quality advantage over Olympus' one, or so it is said, I didn't tested it myslef, and it's still bigger.

And then, now you can have the kit zoom mark II of the e-pl2, which is much faster to focus and silent. IMHO, the better choice in that range.

9. bedojo

bedojo Mu-43 Regular

Mar 14, 2011
    thanks for the warm welcome !
    i was thinking about getting some adapted lenses,there some good ones out there for cheap, my only problem is manual focus, and pocket ability. i would probably need to learn a different shooting style from my canon primes wide open, MF isn't to fun haha.
    but since alot of people use them here it must be usable :~)
    i'll have to check into it a bit more.
    i need prepare my self im not going be getting same results as i would running around with a 7d with a nice sigmalux on it.
    but seeing some the images on here and flickr make me happy :p.

i think i might check out the kit zoom, see if i can find a used mkII, the used market for m4/3 is tiny :O

again , thank you all for the warm welcome, my baby should be here on Wednesday if shipping all goes well :~)

so far from the threads i looked at everyone on here is nice and alot more friendly then over at the canon forums :p
  10. bedojo

bedojo Mu-43 Regular

Mar 14, 2011
    it all arrived today :D, except my leatherette skin from japan.
    with the few hours i played with it seemed pretty cool, no lightning fast focus like me 7d :p, but it gets the job done :D didnt even notice it was around my neck its so light.!

only problem for me is the strap blocks the shutter button :( and isn't to comfortable
    so far im loving it! we shall see how it handles disney land and california next week >:D