1. All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Mu-43.com and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.mu-43.com/help/terms

Great Olympus deals at Unique Photo today

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Art, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    I was jus browsing through Unique Photo website. They have some great deals on Olympus today with free UPS next day air shipping (right on time for Christmas, lol).
    E-P3 kit - $699
    E-PM1 kit - $399
    Oly 14-150mm lens - $479

• Like Like x 3
  2. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Thanks for this. I passed on Amazon's $499 offering for the Oly 14-150 and now this. I guess with sales tax I won't save any money here, since I live in New Jersey. Still, the question has reared its ugly head once again: 14-150 for the E-PM1 or another $100 for the X10? Hmmm...

3. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Must .... resist .... EP3

4. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    That white E-P3 would look nice next to your white E-PM1! :wink::biggrin:

5. WT21

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I'm not listening .....lalalalalalalala....

(actually, I love a silver EPx)

6. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Easy kill here.
    Just wait for the now much talked about "next generation" of MFT bodies from Olympus...:wink: :smile:

7. Photorx12

Photorx12 Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2011
    yeah....good deal.

8. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    That must be hard to resist. And after you sell off the kit lens, it'll be less than $599:)

9. Jonathan F/2

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Actually I want a white E-P3...very tempting! :eek:

10. Photorx12

Photorx12 Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2011
    If I did that then I would never own a MFT, seems like they churn out a new one every six months. I ordered the EP-3 this morning with the idea that I will purchase the GH3 whenever it comes out hoping that video will be better than the GH2. (Hopefully it comes out before my little boy is born):rolleyes:

11. WT21

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    That is what's stalling me, but that's a darn good price.

12. mister_roboto

mister_roboto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Dennis
    Me too. I want to see what "probable" weather sealed camera Oly has coming up... that and the last thing I want is another 14-40something zoom :wink:

But really- give me the body only option Oly.

13. ClickerConspiracy

ClickerConspiracy New to Mu-43

Dec 22, 2011
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Thanks for this post, Art! Am thinking of finally taking the plunge into m-4/3rds, and have had my eyes on the E-P3 for a couple of months, waiting for a good deal. Would never have seen this price if it hadn't been for your post.

Anyone ordered through Unique before? Good reputation?

First post here, btw; thanks to all of you for sharing this and other great information on the site.

14. Photorx12

Photorx12 Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2011
    Quick question guys.......

I ordered the silver ep3, this morning and now I want to add a lens before they ship my package. What lens do you guys recommend, the Oly 45 or Panny 20mm? I mostly love shooting street photograhy, but I have a baby on the way on want a good lens to capture all his first moments since for the first few months he will be indoors.

15. Jonathan F/2

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Unique Photo is totally legit and has excellent customer service! Order with confidence. :smile:

In fact use the affiliate code for mu-43 at this link:

https://www.mu-43.com/links/affiliates-6/

• Like Like x 2
  16. Jonathan F/2

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    The 20mm 1.7 is my choice for ages 0-1, but once your kid becomes mobile in a year, the 45mm 1.8 will be a better lens for chasing the little ones!

17. ClickerConspiracy

Dec 22, 2011
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Thanks Jonathan! And thx for that affiliate code, too.

Have been waiting to hold a GX1 in my hands to compare, but can't find a store in the Bay Area that carries them. Loved how the E-P3 felt in my hands when I tried it out recently, and although I know it's an older sensor, and will undoubtedly be out-shined by whatever comes out in a few months, etc/etc, it's time to actually make a move. I can spend all my time reading about the best camera, or I can just get the d++m thing. Plus, I've been a good boy, LOL, time for a holiday gift.

18. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Yeah, they're fine. They're a genuine brick-and-mortar store in Fairfield, New Jersey. They've been there a long time and have been active in the photo community in the region. Order with confidence. :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jonathan F/2

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    The difference in sensor isn't a big issue unless you only plan to shoot the kit lens. Get any of the fast primes and that 12mp sensor will shine. Plus IBIS will be a big plus for low light still subjects.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ClickerConspiracy

Dec 22, 2011
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Thanks for the tips/suggestions, Jonathan & Biro. Went ahead and ordered a black E-P3 (14-42 kit) along with the Panny 20mm prime from Unique; the free Next-Day-Air shipping is a nice bonus, as I should get it by xmas.

Looking forward to joining the micro 4/3rds community here, too!