Great Falls, Paterson NJ

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by John M Flores, Sep 6, 2011.

1. John M Flores

John M Flores Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
    This is post-Irene. The water is still angry!

[ame=]Great Falls, Paterson NJ, after Tropical Storm Irene, 9/4/2011 on Vimeo[/ame]

Shot with the GH2 and 14-140. 720p60 IIRC. Post in FCPX
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Wasabi Bob

Wasabi Bob Mu-43 Top Veteran

One of my favorite locations.

Ah, one of my favorite places to shoot! I live very close to The Great Falls - it's amazing how many people don't even know they exist. It's only 2nd in size to Niagara Falls on the east coast. Once or twice each year they divert the water through the hydroelectric plant and literally turn the falls off so the boy scouts can come in and clean up the debris (and bodies) that collect. It's really eerie to see them dry. You can check out my Flickr page for a series of photos from The Great Falls. BTW, nice video!
  3. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
  4. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Great place ... Nice video

I've been there a few times. You guys should visit after it drops well below freezing. The falls look nice partially frozen.

Right next to it is Hinchliffe Stadium which has been abandoned for many years now. You can easily "break" in and look at the graf.. er.. artwork. Its been well over 10 (maybe 15) years now... dug this snapshot up which was done on film... so I know its been a long time.

For those not familiar with the area... I wouldn't go after dark alone. Someone a while back posted a photo from down at the bottom of the falls.. I have no clue how they got access. It was tightly secured when I last looked.