great deal on gears reconditioned by Olympus

caonidayeah

Mu-43 Rookie

Attachments

Tapper

Mu-43 Veteran
Some amazing deals here. I'm just very leery about buying returned items, after my experience with a defective camera. But yeah, some amazing deals...

caonidayeah

Mu-43 Rookie
Some amazing deals here. I'm just very leery about buying returned items, after my experience with a defective camera. But yeah, some amazing deals...
I guess no one refurbishes Olympus cameras better than Olympus. You're right about returned products. I've bought all my cameras new but most lenses are used. like a 7-14 F4 SHG for $450??!! lenses are most resilient than camera bodies, less electronics

PakkyT

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I'm just very leery about buying returned items
I have bought a few refurbs items from Olympus and they were all basically brand new. Keep in mind that most of these returned items are not because they were defective, but instead items bought and returned either directly or from retailers which had nothing wrong with them (customer changed their minds, etc.) and are simple "open box" items that can not longer be sold new.

Tapper

Mu-43 Veteran
I have bought a few refurbs items from Olympus and they were all basically brand new. Keep in mind that most of these returned items are not because they were defective, but instead items bought and returned either directly or from retailers which had nothing wrong with them (customer changed their minds, etc.) and are simple "open box" items that can not longer be sold new.
I understand that. But, if you happened to see my thread in the Olympus forum, you will understand my personal loss of confidence. Olympus does seem to offer a good return policy on reconditioned items, but stuff like 35 business days to process a refund gives me pause knowing the JIP handover is imminent. But that's just me - intellectually I know many here will get some great deals on good gear today, but my gut just won't let me.

almost purchased a PEN F for 691 bucks... but reminded myself of the lockdown of god-knows-of-when-to-end
Yeah, i've been on the fence about the Pen F for the last couple of years every time there's a outlet sale. The price for a refurbished PEN-F has actually gone UP by $100 in the past couple of years.

Other than the film-simulation modes (which I am really curious about) and the 'cool factor' the Pen-F doesn't get me anything I don't already have, so i'm going to wait until the price starts to come down.

caonidayeah

Mu-43 Rookie
Yeah, i've been on the fence about the Pen F for the last couple of years every time there's a outlet sale. The price for a refurbished PEN-F has actually gone UP by $100 in the past couple of years.

Other than the film-simulation modes (which I am really curious about) and the 'cool factor' the Pen-F doesn't get me anything I don't already have, so i'm going to wait until the price starts to come down.
I'm a new/old user to Olympus. Started with E620 ten years ago but has stopped using it due to other priorities. The year-long lockdown has given me too much screen time and I've become trigger happy to rekindle my passion for Olympus gear. After extensive research, I've decided to get a F over EP-5 in the future due to the extensive button/dials :).

Real Name
Paul
Snagged an M1mkiii (so excited), but it doesn’t look like you can stack rewards or the $50 bonus that ends today. Still, hard to complain about the price. I’ve bought lots of refurb stuff from Oly and have never once been disappointed, but I can understand why others could be concerned.

caonidayeah

Mu-43 Rookie
Snagged an M1mkiii (so excited), but it doesn’t look like you can stack rewards or the $50 bonus that ends today. Still, hard to complain about the price. I’ve bought lots of refurb stuff from Oly and have never once been disappointed, but I can understand why others could be concerned.
Goooood for you! I'd do the same if I hadn't fallen in love with my mk2. Maybe next CyberMonday

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom