Great Deal - Olympus E-PL1 with 14-42 LENS Price $449 - is really $499.

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Satya, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Satya

Satya Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 14, 2010
    Chicago
    Hi everyone, I thought of sharing this with you, the Olympus E-PL1 with 14-42 LENS, is available on BeachCamera.com for $ 449. On the left hand side of the page use coupon code OMEPL175. I initially ordered mine today at Amazon for $ 524, just cancelled and ordered now on beach camera.

http://www.beachcamera.com/shop/s...&kwd=E-PL1

I am not sure if i can post this kind of message here, If not I will refrain myself from next time.

Cheers
    Satya

2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

fantastic deal!

Satya, that is a good deal!!:eek::2thumbs: It's more than fine to post announcements like this here. I just moved it into the "Outside Auctions and Commercial Listings" forum, that's all.

If anyone is in the market now this is excellent - $150 off what I paid...and that's $150 to use for something else!:wink:

3. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    don't forget to use bing cashback - beach has 3-5% back in addition to these savings! I am biting on this one too, image stabilization is calling :)

4. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    This is an absolute steal, especially with the kit lens. I briefly tried out the e-pl1 in store a few months ago and was pretty impressed. I don't know if I will ultimately keep it, but will definitely run it up against the GF1 to see who comes out on top! the comparison over a dpreview is interesting to say the least. I am looking forward to it! One thing I don't like - the VF-2 price, wow. BBW - how is the LCD in sunlight with the e-pl1?

5. BBW

I'm guessing it's about the same as any of them, though this one is a bit smaller than, for example, the E-P2's. I had the EVF from my E-P2 (don't you love all these acronyms?), and I use it 99.9% of the time due to my eye sight AKA aging eyes that need progressive lenses via glasses. The screen is quite easy to see in normal lighting conditions, however.

Maybe we can find someone who has one without the EVF who can respond more intelligently, if you want - start a thread on the Olympus forum and ask. I do really like the camera a great deal.

P.S. I'd say order it, after checking their returns policies, and give a try. I would have jumped at this if I didn't already have one!:biggrin:

P.P.S. I just bumped up an older thread that discusses this, so let's see if you get some more reactions. https://www.mu-43.com/f42/e-p1-e-p2-e-pl1-screens-bright-sun-light-1654/

6. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    I just sold a bunch of other camera stuff at pentax forums, so had the money...that made it an easy decision, haha. I have the VF for the GF1, but it isn't anything to write home about to begin with - it definitely comes in handy though. For the cost of the camera it is worth trying out anyway; whether I were to return it, or sell it down the road I don't think it will cost much to at least give it a thorough run!

• Like Like x 1
  7. BBW

Promise to report back and then you can cast your vote in that older thread I just bumped up. This price is a great deal!

8. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I wonder if Beach made an error in this pricing. It's as if they're applying the instant savings twice ($75 x 2). Hopefully they will honor the deal for people who purchase at this price!

• Like Like x 1
  9. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    $525 was what beach have intermittently been selling it for on ebay, so I am guessing the extra code was correct - however, you might be right because they have either sold out or pulled the e-pl1 kit from their site (body only still there for $499). Either way, I paid through paypal so it should be honored and I received my invoice from them with the correct price. We shall see!

• Like Like x 1
  10. BBW

Good for you and keep us posted.

11. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I hope they do. Almost pulled the trigger myself when I saw this thread. Good luck!

12. e-pl1

e-pl1 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 21, 2010
    lol, I paid $730...

Europe price sucks :(

13. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    I dunno, over at pentax forums there is a thread about some UK reseller that had a lot of K7's with the weather sealed kit lenses for $219 pounds - of course totally random and complete mistake on their part, but there are always deals to be found!

14. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    For those that were interested in knowing the results, I received the shipping email already (beach camera is awesome from past experience!). On top of that I got the max 5.1% cashback through bing. not too shabby.

• Like Like x 2
  15. hmpws

hmpws Mu-43 Regular

Apr 24, 2010
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Why don't I live in the states :'(?

16. BBW

Because you live in an incredibly beautiful country that I would love to visit and probably fall in love with - that's why.:biggrin:

17. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    I was just on the site again-tWas an error after all-the kits are back and available, but the coupon code now gives an error message! Can't wait to get mine - have been reading through the e-pl1 thread and it sounds like a great camera!

• Like Like x 1
  18. BBW

Thanks for your update. I'll edit the title of the thread so others will know. I'm glad for your sake that they are honoring the deal!

I now see that the camera is advertised as $499.00 - but that is still $100 less than I paid.

19. Satya

Satya Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 14, 2010
    Chicago
    Fingers crossed, Mine got shipped....FedEx tracking says it will arrive in Chicago on Friday and my order tracking on their website shows I have been charged $449 only. Or is it an indication of arrival of next model and hence liquidation of stocks.

Infact when i checked this morning they were probably sold out and only the black color body only model with water proof shell was available for $499.

• Like Like x 1
  20. BBW

Keep us posted Satya.:biggrin: