1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Great bag for my Oly OMD and E-PM2 Billingham Hadley Digital

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by 2mnycars, Mar 9, 2014.

1. 2mnycars

2mnycars Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2012
    Toronto
    DaveL
    Hadley Digital: I am so impressed with this little bag.
    In a pinch I can stuff my d300s with grip attached, and 18-200VR mounted. It's tight.

It's incredible with my m43'rds gear.
    * OMD with grip and kit zoom
    * E-PM2 with kit zoom
    * moderate tele zoom in the pocket on the front. (40-150?)
    The Oly OMD M-5 is immediately accessible. the E-PM2 with kit zoom and lens hood attached! is buried underneath.
    To do this I had to remove one of the velcro fastened dividers.

I have had real trouble adapting to M43'rds gear. Brought the OMD home and put a big strap on it,and put it into a bag I used to carry my dslr gear. Where's the advantage? It's supposed to be small and lightweight!

edit: Think Tank bags and Domke bags are priced incredibly high here in Canada. The Billingham bags I have were a relative bargain when I bought them from a Burlington dealer. (However, prices have gone up some since then.)

DaveL
    Toronto

2. fortwodriver

fortwodriver Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 15, 2013
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Frank
    They are? I don't recall any of the Domke bags being more expensive from a store like Henrys than they may be from B&H or Adorama. But I've stopped using Domke bags.

Why did you put a big old strap on the m43 gear ? You really don't need anything much wider than an inch for those cameras.

That's an interesting little Billingham bag...

• Like Like x 1
  3. 2mnycars

2mnycars Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2012
    Toronto
    DaveL
    I regularly shop at Henry's for bags good shopping tool is

Www.photoprice.ca

Henry's prices are significantly more expensive when I look

4. 2mnycars

2mnycars Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2012
    Toronto
    DaveL
    I found another bag to carry

It's a Think Tank sling called a TurnStyle20. It carries either

- Oly Omd M5 with grip attached
    - 12-50 zoom
    - 40-110

or- Sony a6000
    - 12-50 kit zoom
    - moderate tele zoom

I carry it every day now

5. BigTam

BigTam Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Dortmund, Germany
    Ron
    I usually take my Hadley Small, which is big enough for my gear plus minitripod and tablet. On my last trip, I decided to see if I could manage with the Hadley Digital. On the right, the P42.5 f1.7 and the 35-100 f4 back to back. Spare battery and cards underneath. In the middle, GM5 with 12-32. Plenty of room on top of that. On the left, face down, the GX7 with the 15 f1.7. Room underneath for spare battery, hoods, lens caps, etc.. Charger in the front flap. Didn't miss the minitripod ...

6. fortwodriver

fortwodriver Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 15, 2013
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Frank
    I'm still using Zing wrap-around cases for my cameras and Optech neoprene lens cases, and either packing them in my Crumpler messenger bag day-to-day, or using a Crumpler Dry Red carry-on bag for photo-specific excursions.

When packed, the Zings are little cradles in the bag the camera sits on and I open the flaps on the lens cases for easy pull-in, put-back abilities. It all zips shut.

One of my coworkers has a Hadley that he's turned from a camera bag into a messenger bag. Very nice.

7. 2mnycars

2mnycars Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2012
    Toronto
    DaveL
    Frank, that's what I observed as soon as I started with m43's. I had old habits I had to break. One was straps. I started using peak design's strap. Easy on; easy off. easy to store. Their early hand strap was good too.
    I started using smaller bags too.

However, all this is history. I sold all my Oly gear. OMD, grip, assorted lenses. I was never happy using this camera for moving subjects. My images were seldom in focus and I trashed them. I am currently using a Sony a6000 and it works much better for me. I still have my D300S. It's incredible with moving subjects. I used to have a photo business. The Oly OMD was a poor purchase for me. I no longer shop at the photo store that misrepresented the camera to me, and let me leave the store with no help and no setup.

• Informative Informative x 1