Gray market hld-6

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by ccunningham, Sep 5, 2015.

1. ccunningham

ccunningham Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 23, 2010
    I just got a new hld6. I thought I would grab one as it seems like the available stock is shrinking, and I wanted to get one while I still could. Thing is, it turned out to be gray market. I'm trying to figure out if it matters or not, so does anyone here have any experience with graymarket hld6s? I did a quick search that returned 0 hits, or I wouldn't ask.
  2. DekHog

DekHog Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 3, 2011
    Hard to foresee you having any problem with it, but it was probably a great price for a great bit of kit anyway...... Not sure I've even heard of a faulty one in all the time they've been around...
    • Like Like x 1
  3. ccunningham

Jul 23, 2010
    That's sort of what I thought, but then I'm not certain I wouldnt have just paid the extra for legit import had I known. Of course its also exotic, I mean how many people have a turkish hld6, outside of Turkey. And considering the poor chances I have of visiting Turkey, this may be the closest I get.

Its sealed so ive put off opening it until I decide.
  4. PakkyT

PakkyT Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 20, 2015
    New England
    Grey market only means that it was boxed (and probably serialized) to be sold in a certain region and that is it. It is still an Olympus product made in the same factory as the ones sold in your country. It isn't like they use paper card stock to make it rather than plastic because it is going somewhere else. ;)

And it is just a grip, so not a lot of technology there. Mainly plastic housing with buttons and some connections running from those buttons to a set of pins.
  5. ccunningham

Jul 23, 2010
    I s'pose part of what bugs me is that it wasn't mentioned in the description. Plus my luck is never great, so this will be the one in a thousand where something won't work and I'll end up needing a repair.
    Ah well,time to cut the seal.